“Great rooms with a view”

The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our first stay at MGM- Foxwoods and worth a return visit. The rooms are elegant with great views of the forest; very comfortable bedding and furnishings. Nice people at the front desk, too. The breakfast buffet was just OK but everything else was very nice. More relaxed than Vegas.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have agreat view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2013

First time to the new mgm. Overall i started the night with a couple buddies at shrine for some cocktails and the atmosphere was like vegas. From there we went and played some roulette. The energy and everyone at the table was very exciting . Right from the start i was lucky. I ended up leaving in the positive but overall had a great time .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great, clean, new facility.

MIND BLOWING massage experience. Seriously- I felt like a puddle on the table after.

Small outdoor private patio to get a little sun. Room service can be ordered to the pool deck to extend the day.

Offered amenities are ample, including an assortment of juices and trail mix.

Check out their website for deals including 8am and 9am appointments costing $99.

It is my favorite place to take out of town guests or people that are new to spas. It is decadent.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

You wouldn't know you're in a casino by the rooms in this hotel! My husband and I recently visited Foxwoods and stayed at the MGM grand, I'd never been to that part of Foxwoods as we usually stay at the Pequot or Great Cedars. The casino is a little smaller, but that has it's perks. We were there with a large group and it was nice to run into people throughout the night.

The service at the hotel was wonderful! Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. We reserved the Producer's Suite and it was well worth the rate. We were on the 20th floor, right next to the elevator but had no problem with noise. The suite was decorated very nicely with a flat screen TV by the bed, and another in the sitting area. The sitting area had a beautiful view of the woods with floor to ceiling windows across the entire room. The bathroom had a large jetted tub, stand up shower, and separate toilet area (which I always appreciate.) It's almost a shame the hotel was in the casino because I was torn between relaxing in our room and getting downstairs to do some gambling.

Just a word to the wise; if you intend to bring your own wine, don't forget a corkscrew! The ones you can get from room service are horrible and will set you back $10, haha.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The MGM Grand is a great hotel with access to all casinos, venues and events within the Foxwood Casino. Our room had a great view, and many amenities. We just walked downstairs to the casino and restaurants.

Room Tip: Tower, high floors have nice views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MOETX12
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The MGM Grand is a great place. It is very well appointed and the staff are all very accommodating. The only heads-up would be for older people with walking problems.

The MGM is off to one side of the Foxwoods complex that includes several hotels, many restaurants, and numerous shops. If you are a senior, or have ambulatory issues, it is a very good walk and not one that you may want to do several times a day.

But, the hotel is great, and may be worth the walk. One other side note, there is no pool at the hotel. They have a spa, but it is not complementary for hotel guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I had our first stay at MGM Grand Foxwoods about two weeks ago. The hotel is beautiful and we had a great time. But most importantly I'd like to comment on an experience we had that SO impressed me. Upon arriving home after the trip I realized I left my cosmetic bag with almost everything I owned in the hotel room. I didn't think I'd see it again but decided to call the hotel anyway. They connected me with security who informed me that they had the bad and would send it right out to me. And they didn't even ask for payment for the shipping. I received it three days later with a lovely letter. And we forgot to tip the maids! My bad. You don't find that kind of honesty too often.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Fox Tower at Foxwoods

Address: 350 Trolley Line Boulevard, Mashantucket, CT 06338-3830 (Formerly MGM Grand at Foxwoods)
Location: United States > Connecticut > Mystic Country > Mashantucket
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Price Range: $131 - $863 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Fox Tower at Foxwoods 4*
Staying at the AAA Four Diamond Fox Tower is everything you've imagined. As soon as you step into the circular lobby, all your senses become engaged. You see the modern design. You hear the upbeat music. You can't wait to taste, touch and experience all the incredible shopping and entertainment options. And it gets even better when you arrive at your beautifully appointed room and meet our ever-accommodating team. A visit to the incomparable G Spa and grand outdoor pool make the fantasy complete. The Fox Tower isn't just a hotel. It's a dream come true. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Fox Tower at Foxwoods reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mgm Grand At Foxwoods Hotel Mashantucket