“Great views...”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great views...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed here for one of my best friends' wedding and enjoyed the hotel. Rooms are very nice and I loved the shower - large with amazing water pressure and bench to sit on. The beds and pillows were very comfy and our view of the forest was spectacular! The room was clean but a bit on the small side and pricey... We did a get a very good rate because it was a wedding -not sure that I would pay full price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed 2 nites at MGM and when we checked in I asked to be put on the same floor as our friends because it was our anniversay and the girl (HOLLY) said no problem, then when we told her it was our 61ST she was amazed and said OH MY THAT DESERVES AN UPGRADE. We were given a georgeous SUITE, no charge, and they brought us all sorts of goodies with their compliments!! It was a great stay, we even had a free dinner. The staff was exceptionally nice and would stay there again in a hearbeat. In fact we plan to go back the beginning of December.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The rooms here are surprisingly small. For the rates they charge for a weekend I would not stay there. Inexpensive week days rates are good. The furniture was a little run down and could use some refurbishment. The bathroom (we had two adjoining rooms) were spacious but a little odd with the big sliding door for access and water closet without a door at all. I give the room overall a 3.5. One bug-a-boo was lack the of light in the closet. You could not see a thing in there. The light in the adjacent hallway was also so dim to be almost useless.The staff was overall friendly and helpful but they use more staff a check-in. It was frequently several guests deep.

The spa has nice physical facilities but ridiculous prices (of course) with a mediocre staff. It was not the worst mani-pedi I ever received, but definitely in the bottom. Waste your money somewhere else.

There is a large pool but it was closed for the season. The spa has a pool but that is not for kids. It is lounging only really.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods for a weekend in October. The property has a definitive modern design and feel to it. The lobby is well-decorated and the staff was extremely pleasant and accomodating. I had a 1 king bed room and it looked excellent and well-maintained. The room came with a mini fridge and easy WiFi accessibility. We used the Spa on Saturday and had a wonderful experience. I give high praise to the spa staff because they were very busy when we got there but, they made us feel as if we were the only ones there. I had dinner at Alta Strada and David Burke Prime. Both we very good but, I actually felt that Alta Strada was better. Everything on-site isn't cheap, however I felt it was worth the level of refinement and service we received. Like most casino resorts, A stay during the week is much less costly if you can visit off-peak.
Overall, an excellent property that's worth a return visit.

Room Tip: Higher floor gives a great view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 2, 2012

i always stayed at foxwood. yesterday i stayed for overnight and i know i left my iphone in the bed after like 10 minutes checked out went back again to get the card key, when i went up housekeeping/cleaning crew is cleaning already and they said they never find the iphone. and im pretty sure i left the iphone on the bed. management said they can not do anything about it

Room Tip: stay away from dishonest and not helpful hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I went there with no high expectations for our union's conference and
I really enjoyed the place. We checked in the moment we arrived( 9:45 am) and the front desk staff made it seem so easy, (long lines of nurses).
The check in time is 4pm and the front desk lady explained to me that they will call me once the room will be available and they did.
I told her that I want a higher floor and she noted that on my reservation.

The lobby is pleasing to look at, really clean and enough space to handle
long lines of people. When I went to my room on the 30th floor, I was contended with size, the bathroom is well equipped and the beds/pillows are comfortable. The view from the room of the foliage was not bad either.

Since we were there for the conference, I had no issues with the conference rooms since the place can comfortably accomodate or handle hundreds of people. The lunch that was provided for us was also decent and glady appreciated.

MGM is also connected to the Pequanock tower and is just a short walk away. The gambling area is much bigger and my colleagues told me that they had better luck there than MGM.

We will be back again at MGM and hoping to pay the conference price (like 50% off the actual price) but I doubt it. If I feel the need to splurge, then I will be back at MGM in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this property on business.The casino was pretty nice, with lots of gaming choices, including poker. The restaurants were good, and there were plenty of shops. Everything you need (including tooth paste which I ran out of) is on-site.
What knocked this property down to average was the smoky environment. I'm pretty sensitive to it, and there was always this little smoky haze throughout. I think they should have done a better job with ventilation or more confinement to the smoking areas. My colleagues also noticed this as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!