“dishonest staff!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“dishonest staff!!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

i always stayed at foxwood. yesterday i stayed for overnight and i know i left my iphone in the bed after like 10 minutes checked out went back again to get the card key, when i went up housekeeping/cleaning crew is cleaning already and they said they never find the iphone. and im pretty sure i left the iphone on the bed. management said they can not do anything about it

Room Tip: stay away from dishonest and not helpful hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Lodi, New Jersey
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I went there with no high expectations for our union's conference and
I really enjoyed the place. We checked in the moment we arrived( 9:45 am) and the front desk staff made it seem so easy, (long lines of nurses).
The check in time is 4pm and the front desk lady explained to me that they will call me once the room will be available and they did.
I told her that I want a higher floor and she noted that on my reservation.

The lobby is pleasing to look at, really clean and enough space to handle
long lines of people. When I went to my room on the 30th floor, I was contended with size, the bathroom is well equipped and the beds/pillows are comfortable. The view from the room of the foliage was not bad either.

Since we were there for the conference, I had no issues with the conference rooms since the place can comfortably accomodate or handle hundreds of people. The lunch that was provided for us was also decent and glady appreciated.

MGM is also connected to the Pequanock tower and is just a short walk away. The gambling area is much bigger and my colleagues told me that they had better luck there than MGM.

We will be back again at MGM and hoping to pay the conference price (like 50% off the actual price) but I doubt it. If I feel the need to splurge, then I will be back at MGM in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this property on business.The casino was pretty nice, with lots of gaming choices, including poker. The restaurants were good, and there were plenty of shops. Everything you need (including tooth paste which I ran out of) is on-site.
What knocked this property down to average was the smoky environment. I'm pretty sensitive to it, and there was always this little smoky haze throughout. I think they should have done a better job with ventilation or more confinement to the smoking areas. My colleagues also noticed this as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Boston MA
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night on the weekend of sept. 16 th for my 30th birthday! Check in when pretty fast we parked in the MGM paring lot and went right to the huge lobby had our room with in 10 min. The girl at check in gave us a map because we had not been here before but other than that it was kind of like find everything else yourself. The hotel itself is not really in the lobby you have to walk back through the casino to the elevators which was kind of confusing at first if you have never been here before!
Once we found our room it was pretty standard king size bed nice shower and bathroom flat screen tv nice view of the pool ect. The shower did get backed up when water was running so you were standing in a couple inches of water I don't think it was draining right? There was a room safe which was good to have and a Mini fridge.
We used the out door pool very nice it was heated and jacuzzi. The pool looked like a awesome hang out in the summer for great pool parties. They have private cabanas that you could rent with couch table flat screen ect.
We had friends meet us at the hotel for dinner at cedars which was very good. The rest of night we spent checking the rest of Foxwoods out played at the different casinos. We ended back up at the MGM casino where they also had a dj and our friends left from there. We went back to out room and they had a piece of cake with some chocolates that said happy bday. That was very nice and my husband didn't even ask for this.
Overall this was a nice hotel and I prob would stay here again for a special occasion but it is kind of overpriced in my opinion but for location of being right at the casino I guess it was worth it.

• Stayed September 2012
Rochester NY
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We made reservations months ago for our Anniversary getaway...We have been to the area a couple times, and my husband really wanted to stay at the MGM. We had WONDERFUL experiences the calls to make, and confirm our reservation. The telephone reps showed wonderful customer service skills. We arrived around 11:30 after a 6 hour drive on Sunday October 21, and there was no issue with check-in. The room wasn't ready, but we weren't surprised, and went to "play" until the room was ready for us. The first room available was on the 5th floor. We had really wanted to be higher, but took what was available, as we had been on the go since 5am. We were given a corner jacuzzi suite and it was nice enough, but even as a smoker, I found the "remnant" smoke smell a bit stuffy....for a relatively new facility, the furnishings looked dated and they were kind of scarred up. The bathroom set up was a bit odd, with the toilet in it's own "closet" on one side, the vanities in the center, and then the shower and jacuzzi shared the space behind the shower door (Be REALLY careful of the raised step between the shower/jacuzzi space and the main bathroom!!! - I whacked my toes a couple times!)......I found the "open" shower a bit "odd" and it took a minute to figure out how the jacuzzi jets worked, but we enjoyed every minute of the jacuzzi. Housekeeping was very satisfactory and unlike a lot of other reviews, we found the staff we dealt with to be friendly and helpful. It's a good walk to the "main" part of Foxwoods, so bring good walking shoes! Check out on Wednesday morning October 24th was really easy (done right from the tv and we just left our key cards in the express check out box) I think the MGM was ok, but not quite up to the standards of the prices they charge.....I would probably try Pequot tower or the Cedar the next time we go, as these are more centrally located to the main "draws" of the Foxwoods complex

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I splurged for this hotel room because I was getting it for a friend's bachlorette party. We wanted something classy where we could have dinner, drinks and relax. I got there early to set up the room and was in line forever!
I am used to service at other hotels where they take you bags from you when you enter the hotel and even if you in line the service starts before you walk into the hotel. I had cupcakes, a bag filled with sodas, and a large suitcase with me. I ended up sitting on my suitcase and sharing the soda with people behind me in line. Once I checked in I had to walk back out into the casino and around the corner to find the elevators to the room. No one offered to bring the bags up there. I had to carry all my stuff across the casino. I showed up an hour and half early to end up in the room the same time as the bride. I was upset because I had decorations to suprise her with.
We went in July and expected to be able to hang out at the pool which looked amazing. We were told we had to pay extra since there was a "pool" party being held. When I told the person at the front desk she said there is a "discount" for people at the hotel. We paid about $500 to stay there and the best part of the hotel was blocked off for a party they held everyweekend. I understand charing people not staying at the hotel, but we already pay so much. The guest that day was a jersey shore cast mate. I was not that interested.
The hotel room was very nice. The bed was comfortable. We also had a beautiful view of the pool we could not use and the hills and trees. Right down stairs was a few reseteraunts and clubs. However to get to the older part of the casino, where we went out to dinner, it was a very long walk. Im not sure how they woudl fix this, I almost think I wouldve perfered to walk outside the casino and take a shuttle.
When we left it was the same expereince. I waited forever to get my car. Only to basically be handed my keys. There was no help loading my car.
I am not spoiled and do not expect people to drop what they are doing for me. But when you pay so much for one night the last thing you want to do is stand around waiting. I have been to Holiday Inns where they greet you and take you bags to your room. I guess you get used to a type of service.
There are cheaper hotels in the area with shuttles that run all night to the casino. I think in the future I will go this direction.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Welcome, Maryland
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husand and I stayed at the MGM Foxwoods in October, 2012 for one night. We had a great visit. The room was clean, spacious, modern and well kept, also very quiet, we couldn't hear the outside noises. The bed is large and VERY comfortable, so are the pillows. The shower was so nice, very large with a little seat inside. The shampoo & conditioner they have smells great. The room has a little fridge and coffee maker, which worked out great. We had just a little difficulty finding the place, when we pulled up to the property I wish there could have been better signs showing which way to drive to find the MGM. We had a non-smoking room and we couldn't smell any smoke from our room or the hallway, the casino wasn't that smoky either. We had a good time in the casino, although it took FOREVER for me to get a beer. I was playing on the slot machines while my husband was on the table games. Once we left that area and went into the bar area and played a keno game, the night got better, the beer in the bar was cold, and the brand I wanted and a full size instead of a hot, 6 oz beer. We ate at Junior's, it was "ok", not bad food, but not delicious. The good news is it is opened late, so that worked for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to The Fox Tower at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!