“always great service, food at the bar”
Review of Cedars Steak House

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rt 2 and 214
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We came in about 8pm on a Tuesday night...no reservations...and decided to find a seat at the bar...initially packed...but got seated in about 5 minutes. At first, no one saw us...but then 2 bartenders came rushing over...and great service took place the rest of the night. We decided on their buttered lobster roll...and Calamari initially...all top quality and delivered hot and fresh. Great value in a place that could perhaps give less and charge more (not that we would come if they did)

There are newer reviews for Cedars Steak House

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Cool Ambiance, Great Food, Nice Staff.
Nice romantic Dinner with my wife. Prices really suit the food and drinks.
Looks like all those around us enjoyed, too.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I took our daughter and new son-in-law to dine at this restaurant... We were very disappointed. The service was great; however, the food didn't quite measure up for the amount of money we paid. The steaks didn't seem to be a prime cut! My husband ate the Bone-In Ribeye and wasn't very impressed by it at all. The newlyweds shared the prime-rib that wasn't very good either. I had the Classic Cedars Bacon Cheeseburger which I thought was very good. We had a couple of beers and no dessert... our bill was $200+. The service and atmosphere were great, but didn't make up for the steak quality, price ratio! Probably won't return to this restaurant... ever! If you must go, I suggest going only for the drinks and have a burger!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had an opportunity for Cedars Steakhouse for dinner during my recent brief stay at Foxwoods, I was introduced the dinner special that was lobster tail and a 120z New York Sirloin. It included mashed potatoes and aspargus. Service was pretty good but the food amount for the price diminished the event.

I was a bit surprised at the price $55.00 and the amount of food for the price. The steak was small and the lobster tail was small, only a single strip. I did finish the entree within a few minutes but was still feeling hungry. With my drink and tip, the final price of the dinner was over $70.00.

I would probably try another steak place to get more steak/meat for the price

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been going here for years. The food is always good. The clam chowder is excellent and the chicken Caesar is very good. The wait staff is friendly and fast. The prices are reasonable.