“Just average”

Cross street: Rt 2 and 214
CT
“Just average”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I came to Foxwoods for our anniversary recently and we stopped in Cedars for dinner. We chose to eat in the bar around 6 pm. We were told by the hostess that it was open seating, so in we went and found a table and waited for our server. And waited. And waited...

Finally, after about 10 minutes of no server in sight, although a few passed us by, I went up to the bar to order our drinks. The bartender saw that I had gotten up from a table, so he went to get us a server. So we waited a little more... Not a good beginning!!

Finally, our server showed up and she wasn't the most pleasant person, but she got our drink order and told us we'd have our bread/butter soon. Well, the drinks came and still no bread/butter. No big deal, but service so far is not good!! I ordered a $12 key lime martini, which was very good, although graham crackers around the rim would have been better than just sugar! But I was given the shaker and I probably got 2.5 drinks out of it!

I always order the french onion soup. Just a cup. It is the best french onion soup! My husband ordered a cup of lobster bisque which comes with a side of sherry. Also good. Our dinners came out and I had ordered the special. A sirloin with mashed potato and asparagus for $42. Was it worth it? No. The sirloin had really no flavor. The burgundy sauce over it was too sweet. The mashed potatos weren't that great. I ate half my dinner because the steak was big (10 oz). My husband had the filet with a baked potato. His dinner was good though. My dinner just wasn't that 'great'. Normally I am happy with my meals here. No coffee or dessert... we were full.

So to sum it up, the service started out horrible but got better. Good drinks, great soup, average dinners... nothing to rave about. Will we go back? Of course. We always go to the bar at Cedars for the soups. I would tell people to go there for the french onion soup before I told them to go there for a steak! Servers should be a little more 'happy' though. It makes it a little uncomfortable when the server is not pleasant.

• Visited August 2013

North Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have been going to Foxwoods for over 20 years and had never been to this restaurant..my husband and i decided to try it for lunch..we waited at least 15 min. To be waited on as the server went back and forth and said he'd be right with us then started to bicker with another waiter over whose table it was..we left...never had any food and after this will not go back..not cool guys!

Visited September 2013
milford
“A favorite!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent food, staff and ambiance! Open kitchen, late hours, top quality food - love it!! The staff at Cedars is welcoming and always create a friendly atmosphere that just commands your return. Appetizers, scallops, stuffed mushrooms, etc are top notch! They also have great value specials which are always luscious!

Visited August 2013
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Best steaks in the area”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Dining room is elegant and great for special occasions. Lounge is super for more casual dining. Excellent lamb chops, superb steaks, huge burgers! Clam chowder is thick and FULL of clams! Great sports bat with good view of t.v.s.

Visited August 2013
Massapequa, NY
“Cedar steak lounge Is Seafood Heaven”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We split a lobster bisque, a crab cake and a hot lobster roll with lobster claws. Everything was excellent and the service and presentation was above expectations. The prices may seem high however the quality is there. And because its the lounge and not the restaurant no reservations were needed and there was no need to over order on food.

• Visited August 2013