“Been a few years....Will be a few more before returning” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedars Steak House

Cedars Steak House
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rt 2 and 214
Connecticut
“Been a few years....Will be a few more before returning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

It had been several years since we had eaten at Cedars Steakhouse.

We decided to try Cedars for an early evening meal during the week. We opted to sit at the bar. It was not crowded. However the (2) bar staff working seemed like they were new to the restaurant. As we sat at the bar we watched (2) sets of couples leave as they had waited several minutes and neither bartender greeted or approached them for a drink or meal order.
When asked to change the channel, it took both to try and figure out if they had the channel or not....this took several minutes.

In regard to the food. The wedge salad was excellent! The rest of the meal however was average. The prime rib sandwich was deli style thin sliced. This was not indicated on the menu or by the bar-staff. The sirloin was of average grade, and flavorless. The steak fries were good, but the portion amount was small. A second drink was ordered, but never received. The price for (2) sandwiches, (1) beer, and (2) wedge salads was $70.00. Very high for the quality of food and service.

We will not be returning

There are (2) other steak restaurants at Fox-woods. Both highly recommended.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Westbury, NY USA
“Average food. Steak house prices.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Eight of us went to this restaurant at Foxwoods. I would say the food was average. I only had 2 apetizers. One was my entree. I asked our waitress what kind of clams they had. I wanted Cherrystones. She didn't know the difference but thought they had littenecks and cherrystones. She told the kitchen to give me the biggest they had. I was brought the tiniest clams I've ever seen. Then I had a short tib ravioi with a scallop. That was very good. The waitress may not know her clams, but she did not get at all frazzles with our eight orders, most of which were split. If 2 people shared a steak, they had no problem making one half rare, and the orther half medium.

Southington, Connecticut
“Definitely "not" what it used to be.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I decided to go for a late dinner, 10:30pm and decided on Cedars. We had not been there since last year. First I, would compliment the wait staff, they were very attentive and professional throughout our dining experience. We ordered the "stuffed mushrooms" for an appetizer, but when they arrived the sausage stuffing was undercooked and cold. Our waiter brought the item back then explained to us, they had run out of stuffed mushrooms and tried to make this order quickly, but the kitchen was making another order which would be cooked as it should be, grates. When that order arrived, it was obvious they were cooked and delicious. Moving on, my wife had the pan seared scallops and I had the prime rib, medium rare. The scallops were somewhat hard and chewy, the prime rib was very tough to chew, loaded with like a tendon running thru. I have had prime rib across the US and without a doubt, I would rate the prime rib I had here one of the worst and at $38, it should have melted when you ate it. My local eatery's serve prime rib on Thursday night for $10.95 that would put Cedars to shame, hands down. In my opinion, you would be better off to find another steak house to spend your hundred dollars. We left half of our meals at the table and I made a ham and egg sandwich when I got home. I will not go back until there is a change.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Da_Seasoned_Traveler
New York City, New York
“Try Another Steakhouse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

There are several steakhouses at Foxwoods, and I would advise to go to another. This restaurant knows how to charge high prices ($40 to $50 for entree) but seems to have forgotten the basics -- for one thing, how to cook a steak.

I asked for "medium" (not an unusual request) and got it back very rare. The waitress agreed, apologized, took my whole plate (so I was left with nothing) and, after a while (when others were now almost done eating) brought me back "a new one" that was now over-cooked. This is not a cheap place, and I have been in many steakhouses -- but cooking a steak should not be a problem, and it was. In their defense, they took it off the bill (as they should have) but the experience was ruined.

We asked for bread several times, that didn't come either until the waitress was reminded for the third time. It sounds picky, and if the prices were $20 to $30 maybe things would be different, but they are not. It is expensive and the service and food should be better than Outback Steakhouse -- and it wasn't.

The atmosphere is nice -- booths & dark wood, typical for a steakhouse. For the record, we were there when it wasn't crowded -- a Monday or Tuesday night. Try the other steakhouses at Foxwoods -- that is what I will do the next time!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BuckyCharms
NH
“Good customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stopped for a hamburger in the afternoon, and the burger was not made as requested. The waiter and manager both rushed my burger back into the kitchen and had them cook another one right away. I was impressed by the professional way they responded. Good atmosphere and food.

Visited April 2013