“Good, reasonable food at the casino”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I haven't been thrilled with the quick serve options at Foxwoods, and aren't really interested in the fancier restaurants. We've gone to California Pizza Kitchen a couple of times as a nice medium. They wait typically isn't bad and the food is very good. The prices are reasonable and the portions are reasonable. The service has also been very good. On our last visit we tried a couple of appetizers that were very good and a Jerk chicken pizza that was excellent.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a chain restaurant with the same food offered at each restaurant.

We got an appetizer order of rolls- they have chicken and different fillings with different dips. They had a good flavor but were not served at a hot temperature. So, we mentioned this to the server and he offered to make a new order that would be hotter. We got the new water and they were just barely hotter than the first order. Maybe they bake them from a frozen state? I like my food hot so this is very disappointing. But I give the server props for making new order.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We went here early and it was still crazy busy and we had to wait awhile. All the food was excellent, once when we got a table. We both had salads - yum. We also had dessert - they were massive! The service was good - we had a delay for our salads and the manager came over and apologized. Really fantastic customer service - I'm not surprised it is so popular.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped in here one evening, not expecting a whole lot. It was really very good! Service was a bit slow, but as we weren't in any hurry to be anywhere, it wasn't a big deal. Besides, our Server (Natalia) was absolutely adorable and apologized that they were not expecting the crowds they had (at Foxwoods? how could you "not expect" crowds?) but in the grand scheme of things, not a deal breaker. My husband got a basic pepperoni and sausage pizza and I got a chicken hawaiian, and they were both Slammin.....we ended up taking a lot of leftovers back to our room, which we munched on over the next couple days......I would definitely come here again and try something else....I am told the thai chicken pizza is REALLY good too, so that's likely to be my next order.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at Foxwoods MGM for a few days and wanted to try CPK out.

CPK did not disappoint as I had the Spaghetti Bolognese. It was piping hot and plenty of meat. I was full just from the entree. Didn't need to have dessert as that is how plentiful their dinner entree was.

When I went it was peak dinner time (between 5:30 and 6:30pm) and people were still coming in. They do not take reservations, so hopefully you can get a table.

Probably the only negative is the location of the restaurant where there is constantly pedestrians passing by who are attending the casino. It is located in a main aisle area to the other Foxwoods casinos.