“Best steak in month” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of David Burke Prime

David Burke Prime
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.
Earth, Texas
“Best steak in month”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Really the best steak we had during our 2 week trip to the US. Beats Smith&Wollensky by miles and was even better than NYC Del Frisco´s. Highly recommended.

Montreal, QC
“I can't believe they served that steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

We went to Prime at Foxwoods for a friday evening. We were a group of 6 people, five of whom all ordered the 40 day rib eye and we all ordered them rare. One of my tablemates was served the end cut of the rib eye...it was half the size of everyone else's and was full of sinew and fat. Needless to say it was sent back. But I cannot understand how any restaurant would serve that end cut or how any server would consider serving it when there were 4 other beautiful looking steaks that had been placed at the same table? Also, one of the 4 other steaks was poorly cooked, it was at least medium and was sent back as well.
One diner at our table was not a meat eater and ordered the wahoo fish special. It was completely inedible, dry and tasteless.
The wine service was also questionable. We ordered 2 bottles of a fairly expensive bottle of the same wine, once we were finished with the first, the waiter proceeded to open the second bottle and pour it into the existing wine glasses without having someone taste the new bottle....what if the bottle was off? He would have ruined all the wine at the table.
Our complaints seemed to fall on deaf ears when we spoke to one of the managers on the floor.
Needless to say we won't be going back to this restaurant....ever.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lincoln, New Hampshire
“best dinner ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

I was recently at foxwoods with my husband and a group of friends {2 other couples}. Last minute we decided to try David Burke Prime. Not knowing the name we took a chance. We were seated quickly and hot popovers were brought to the table while our server was filling our water glasses. The popovers were a nice change from the bread and olive oil you get everywhere. Our server was very knowledgeable on the menu and was able to pick out a few of her favorite appitizers to start our dinner. We had the pretzel crusted crabcake, tomato mozz salad, bacon and meatballs. All were fantastic choices. For dinner we all choose a different steak, and a lobster to share. Our server offered to lazy the lobster so we didnt have to mess with it. That makes it so much easier especially eating at a nice restaurant!!! Unfortantly we were too stuffed to try any desserts. The can cake is going to have to be a MUST when we go back. It sounded so delicous!!! Overall we were all very happy with the meal and service!!We defintly go back!!

Dover, New Hampshire
“Why is my popover always burnt lately?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I eat at Prime every time we go to Foxwoods. We have always had a good meal, but lately things seem to be dropping off. We were there in August and first off I noticed that the popovers (my absolute favorite) were burnt to a crisp. I was pretty bummed. Next my husband's steak, ordered med rare, arrived well done. He called over our waitress who immediately disagreed with him and called over a manager who also disagreed with him but offered to cook the steak again. We were later informed that if we want med rare, we should order the steak rare plus and that should work. Really? The one redeeming part of the night was the great wine suggestion by our waiter. The calling over of the manager was a little embarrassing for us since we never return food, but when your steak is $40 plus you kind of want it the way you ordered it.

We were there again on Saturday and again my popover was burnt to a crisp again! Steaks were cooked perfectly this time. It was my first time ordering a filet mignon and I didn't love it as much as the 40 day rib eye. Our server was brand new so many of the other waiters kept checking in on us which was pretty cool. We, once again, got an excellent wine selection by one of those waiters not waiting on us. Our brand new waiter did well except that he didn't bring us cotton candy... it's the small stuff I love. Overall we had a nice dinner and good time.

We will still eat at Prime when we go back to Foxwoods, but I cross my fingers that my popover won't be burnt, that my steak will be cooked properly and that I get some cotton candy at the end! David Burke, I hope you're listening!

Jacksonville, FL
“If only you wanted service...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

you would give this restaurant five stars but unfortunately you must eat and that is where the good ends and the average begins. We were at a birthday party in the private room but the food was right off the menu. My wife and I both had the stuffed lobster. It was a disaster. I know the restaurant cannot tell if a lobster will be tasty or not but for the prices they charge, ALL of them should be sweet and succulent. Both mine and my wife's were tasteless and stringy. The French onion soup had a funky taste. We cannot place the spice but it was not condusive to good onion soup. The sides were ok but who spends that kind of money on just sides? The birthday cake frosting was tastess. I have had tap water with more flavor than that. All in all, a very disappointing experience. The wonderful service and the unbelievable fresh hot popovers takes this from a poor (2 star) to a three-star average.

• 1 of 5 bubbles