“Why is my popover always burnt lately?”
Review of David Burke Prime

David Burke Prime
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.
Dover, New Hampshire
“Why is my popover always burnt lately?”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I eat at Prime every time we go to Foxwoods. We have always had a good meal, but lately things seem to be dropping off. We were there in August and first off I noticed that the popovers (my absolute favorite) were burnt to a crisp. I was pretty bummed. Next my husband's steak, ordered med rare, arrived well done. He called over our waitress who immediately disagreed with him and called over a manager who also disagreed with him but offered to cook the steak again. We were later informed that if we want med rare, we should order the steak rare plus and that should work. Really? The one redeeming part of the night was the great wine suggestion by our waiter. The calling over of the manager was a little embarrassing for us since we never return food, but when your steak is $40 plus you kind of want it the way you ordered it.

We were there again on Saturday and again my popover was burnt to a crisp again! Steaks were cooked perfectly this time. It was my first time ordering a filet mignon and I didn't love it as much as the 40 day rib eye. Our server was brand new so many of the other waiters kept checking in on us which was pretty cool. We, once again, got an excellent wine selection by one of those waiters not waiting on us. Our brand new waiter did well except that he didn't bring us cotton candy... it's the small stuff I love. Overall we had a nice dinner and good time.

We will still eat at Prime when we go back to Foxwoods, but I cross my fingers that my popover won't be burnt, that my steak will be cooked properly and that I get some cotton candy at the end! David Burke, I hope you're listening!

Jacksonville, FL
“If only you wanted service...”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

you would give this restaurant five stars but unfortunately you must eat and that is where the good ends and the average begins. We were at a birthday party in the private room but the food was right off the menu. My wife and I both had the stuffed lobster. It was a disaster. I know the restaurant cannot tell if a lobster will be tasty or not but for the prices they charge, ALL of them should be sweet and succulent. Both mine and my wife's were tasteless and stringy. The French onion soup had a funky taste. We cannot place the spice but it was not condusive to good onion soup. The sides were ok but who spends that kind of money on just sides? The birthday cake frosting was tastess. I have had tap water with more flavor than that. All in all, a very disappointing experience. The wonderful service and the unbelievable fresh hot popovers takes this from a poor (2 star) to a three-star average.

Massachusetts
“Great dinning experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I know steak as I group up in a family of meat cutters. Prime is one of my favorite places for steak in the Foxwoods/Moheagan area. Each time I have dined here has been a great experience with food, service and atmosphere. I have yet to be disappointed at Prime. I highly recommend it to those going to Foxwoods and looking for a great steak. Enjoy.

New York City, New York
“Worst dining experience EVER”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Don't eat here if you want your experience at the casino to be pleasant. This will put a damper on the whole thing.

In March, my boyfriend and I arrived around 2 PM on Saturday and was promptly seated; there were maybe three groups dining there when we arrived. We ordered our food after a short wait. All was fine up to that point. Our appetizers came they were good albeit rather salty. Then came the wait.

When our soup came, the table next to us was being served their main course. In between the time of finishing our soup and our entrees arriving, the table next to us had finished their meal with coffee and dessert, had paid their check and left. Furthermore, another table was seated after we had finished our soup. This table finished their appetizers as well before our entrees came. We waited for two burgers and a side of fries for almost an hour. Our waiter, Chad, had clearly forgotten about us. My boyfriend had to remind him after about 45 minutes of waiting and he told us he would check on them for us. We were a little annoyed but we were really hungry. When we got the the burgers, they quelled the irritation. Also of note is that the table that was seated after us received their hamburgers about 2 minutes after we received ours. They had waited no more than 15 minutes since their appetizers.

Anyway, the appetizers we ordered were pretty heavy and we realized it after a few bites of our burgers. I took two bites of it and decided I would just eat leftovers later. My boyfriend ate about half of his burger and decided the same. It took twenty minutes to flag down Chad this time which was surprising because he just seemed to have disappeared. There were maybe 2 more tables from when we had sat down. It was not busy. My boyfriend asked him to pack the burgers and the fries and he brought us a white bag pretty quick. Then he was gone. We sat there for forty minutes trying to pay the check. It was not until a busboy came by and said something to the effect of "You're still waiting for your check?" that he left to find Chad for us. Chad graced us with his presence to give us our check which was wrong and disappeared--AGAIN.

This time, fed up, my boyfriend got up to try and find a manager to complain about Chad, get our bill corrected, pay and leave. The manager took our check and brushed my boyfriend off. He just took the check and didn't bother finish listening to what Kevin (my boyfriend) had to say. Chad came back a short while later with the corrected check and disappeared, once again. My boyfriend got up once again, found the manager and tried to complain again. The manager just took the credit card and bill and walked away.

We paid and left, but it really put a damper on my birthday celebration. My boyfriend and I were leaving your restaurant when we discovered that Chad had packed only one hamburger and threw away my hamburger which I only had 3 bites of. So this time, my boyfriend went back determined to really talk to the manager and not get brushed off. The manager came out and listened to him complain. His response surprised us. He told us he would have the kitchen whip up another hamburger which my boyfriend declined due to the sheer amount of time it took to get the first two. He also told us that other people have been complaining about Chad. Then he told us in a very short tone that he could not undo what happened but he could offer us a meal on him next time we came back. Although he was very short with us and rather rude, this was a very nice gesture. He gave us his card and we discovered that this whole time he was not the manager but the maitre d', Carlo Iannelli. What bothered us the most about his "apology" was not that it was insincere nor that he had previously brushed us off twice but that Carlo had already known that Chad was an incompetent waiter and had not properly addressed the issue.

We arrived at the restaurant at 2PM and left at 4PM. It took 2 hours for two soups and two hamburgers that were barely touched. It was really unacceptable. The fact that the maitre d' knew Chad was a problem but hadn't bothered to address it during a slow time where there were no more than 4-5 tables was really awful. I can't imagine what it would be like to have Chad as a waiter during dinner time. A 3 hour dinner would probably turn into an 6 hour one.

I have worked in the service industry before and I know it can be difficult and demanding but with this experience, I do feel that this waiter and maitre'd need to be retrained in customer service. It is unlikely that we will ever dine there again for any occasion much less my birthday with the service. It's also unlikely, given the service and rudeness, that Carlo would even remember us and comp our meal if we were ever go again.

1 Thank sweetpea312
Long Island NY
“Glad to see I'm not the only one......”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I am a steak house lover and have eaten at many of the finest steak houses in the US. This one is not. Mt steak was over cooked, when asked I told my waiter and he seemed to disagree with me? OK, he'll send over a manager who seemed to disagree as well but they took it back and brought me a steak that was cooked properly. Way to fatty and WAY TO SALTY. Everything we ate that night was very salty. Prime meat should be seasoned very lightly if at all. If in fact it is prime meat?
Shame on David Burke for not having proper standards in a restaurant bearing his name.