“Couldn't pad the check....”
Review of David Burke Prime

David Burke Prime
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a 50th birthday dinner here..started off great when we ordered cocktails...had the lobster specials..once they realized we weren't interested in over priced dinner drinks or coffee they could care less about us. Literally threw check on table...NO cotton candy..can get better service else where...

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Spent the Kentucky Derby weekend at Foxwoods with my poker group as we have done for the past 15 years. We spend one of our evenings with a big dinner out at one of the resorts signature restaurants and this year we ate at David Burke Prime. We were surprised at how slow the restaurant was on a Friday night but despite the absence of other diners we were treated like royalty by the staff who were attentive to our every wish. We were not rushed and had a very enjoyable evening, very pricey but we knew that going in and ordered accordingly. Everything from the prime rib to the onion soup, caesar salad and sirloin cuts were well prepared and nicely presented. If you know beforehand and are not overwhelmed with the prices and are careful with your alcohol consumption and are with good company you should have a most enjoyable evening. If you like ice cream, walk off your dinner and wander down the concourse to the Ben and Jerry's and have some great ice cream for a fraction of the price and benefit from the exercise.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We ate here for our 10 year anniversary. We have been here at least 10 times for dinner. The first time which was right after they opened was fantastic. The food has steadily declined since our first visit. The first thing we noticed on this visit was the red blown glass hanging above the bar was so dusty you can tell it hasn't been cleaned in months. We should have walked away then....but we were hoping for a memorable experience. It was...in all the wrong ways. We ordered the surf & turf dumplings which we always get. They came out lukewarm. Our salad was good. Lightly dressed greens with walnuts and cheese. My husband ordered the filet medium well and it came out well well done. I had the black bass. It was a 2oz portion of fish at best and absolutely drowning in a disgusting sauce. I sent back my meal and it stayed on our check. The waitress who took the complaint never returned and a different server waited on us for the rest of our meal. The carrot cake was extremely orangey and cinnamony tasting without a lot of carrot flavor. The chocolate cake was moist and rich. We ordered after dinner drinks. To add insult to injury my champagne was delivered flat. We have annually spent about $1K since this restaurant opened and are so disappointed we already decided on Craft Steak and Paragon from now on.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went on a Monday night and they were having the lobster special. My husband had a surf and turf for an upcharge and he was very pleased. There were 3 courses. The lobster bisque to start was excellent. It was a full crock and very tasty. He had the surf and turf which he enjoyed. The sides were not memorable. I had the baked stuffed lobster. The stuffing was good, not great, and I was very disappointed to see a $20.00 charge for the stuffing. Our waiter suggested baked stuffed and never mentionad an additional charge. It was definately not worh $58.00! The dessert was an ice cream sundae which was average at best, vanila ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped topping. Not hot fudge or homemade whipped cream. I probably would not return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I ate here. I was blown away by the prices compared to the quality of the food.

We shared a Caesar salad, prepared table side ($15.00). I believe that the garlic was old, as I had that awful garlic taste well into the next day.

My husband had the Sirloin Au Poivre ($45.00) that was bland and very tough, the Au Poivre on the side was unremarkable. His steak came with no sides. I had Stonington Seared Scallops Root vegetable risotto, oven dried tomatoes, shaved manchego cheese ($34.00) the scallops were good, though the risotto was watery and lacked that creamy texture that I love. I had two glasses of wine, just ordered a glass of Cabernet and at $15.00 a glass guess I should have at least asked to see the bottle...I thought I was getting house wine...$15.00 a glass is outrageous. My husband had a beer, not sure of the price but our bill was just about $150 (without tip). Entirely too much to pay for what was only a mediocre meal.

Very disappointed.