“A very pleasant dining experience”
Review of David Burke Prime

David Burke Prime
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.
Connecticut
“A very pleasant dining experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Went to the restaurant on a Tuesday evening. We went early about 5:00 PM. The bar was full, but their was plenty of seating available, some with excellent views. The place is large with very nice decor. Upon being seated we were greeted by our server "Marcus" He was friendly, and answered all questions we had on the menu and wines. They offer an extensive wine list. The menu is well balanced in addition to the numerous steak/beef choices. There are also chicken, pork, and fish. The menu also offered a price fix option of (3) items for $50.00, that being a choice of several apps, dinner choices and dessert. The meal from beginning to end was flavorful and very enjoyable. At the end of the meal we were pleasantly surprised by Marcus who brought us their signature "Cotton Candy" to end our great time! If there was one negative the wine glasses are plastic. Highly recommended will go again!

• Visited March 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Friendly atmosphere with good food and good wine”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Dinner with friends and family at this steakhouse was fun. There was very little wait time to be seated.
The service was great, the food was delicious. The place is accommodating(One member of my party was not happy with where he was sitting after the drinks were served and they let us move the whole table, no hassle!!).
Dinner was not rushed, we were able to enjoy the food without someone trying to take the plate away sooner. Steak dinner took a while before it was served but it was great when it did arrive.
If I could afford to eat here every time I went to Foxwoods, I would.

• Visited January 2012
Plainfield, Connecticut
“Great Service and Great Burger”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The service at David Burke Prime was excellent.

Try the "Bad Boy Burger" it was amazing, its a big burger with thick cut bacon and carmalized onions.

A very relaxed environment and great place for lunch or dinner.

Clinton, Connecticut
“Why Bother”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We met old friends there for a reunion dinner on a week night. The only good thing that I can say for the establishment is that they weren't busy and we were able to stay at a table in the rear of the restaurant for four hours of conversation. The place is huge and while the front seating area is attractive, the large rear room is garrish. The music was too loud for table conversation but the mananger did lower it upon request. Our waiter knew the menu but didn't understand what service is about: he kept interupting our conversation with questions that he seemed to think were related to service but could have been answered by looking. He pushed extras, noted in other reviews. He brought extra popovers for one of our party but neglected to ask the others (popovers served at the begining of the meal were hard and almost burnt as noted in other reviews). The lobster bisque was tasty but seemed to have langoustines in it rather than lobster. Our meat selections were good but not above the level of your average steak house while the prices were closer to those of a top tier one. Many of these comments are reflected in other reviews yet managemnet hasn't responded to the issues raised by them. If they don't bother to respond, why should people bother to come?

Boston, Massachusetts
“A Very Yummy Experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I took my fiance here for his birthday and it was certainly expensive but I would say it was worth it. The night started off a little rocky with the popovers but the actual food itself more than made up for it. The popovers that were brought out were burnt on top. That would've still been ok if they had been piping hot and fresh but they were barely warm by the time we got it and after spreading on the cold butter, the popovers themselves were cold. I ended up only eating the bottom half as I found the top half (burnt part) to be inedible cold. Not exactly what I expect from a restaurant with the price tag they have. I probably wouldn't have given it a whole lot of thought if it weren't for the fact that I had seen another review say that their popovers had been burnt as well on several occasions that they had gone there. I've gone to far cheaper places with far superior popovers. For the food, I ordered the Braised Short Rib "Stroganoff Steak" with cavatelli, wild mushrooms and truffle sour cream. I saw a picture of it in a Yelp review and had been drooling over it since. Since David Burke's specialty is their aged steaks (at least that's what I've heard about the Chicago location so I'm assuming it's true here as well), I strongly hinted that my fiance should get one of their aged steaks since I wanted to try their steaks but couldn't resist my pasta. He ended up going with the 55 day ribeye medium-rare. I loved my pasta, it was absolutely delicious and if I come here again (and I hope I do), I will re-order. My fiance's steak was very good as well, he said it was the best steak he'd ever had (it better be for $60). Don't expect anything other than steak though...I don't even know if it really had much seasoning other than salt and pepper. There wasn't even a garnish, just a slab of steak on a plate. We ordered their 3 for $20 sides and got the whipped potatoes, the garlicky brocollini and the creamed spinach. It ended up being way too much food but it was all very good and easily packed up to go. My fiance couldn't say enough good things about the whipped potatoes from the very first bite. It's made with a basil/spinach/olive oil dressing (is it a dressing? Who knows) and peppercorns which adds a little something extra. I thought it was a bit too salty but my picky-eater fiance was in love with it...he said all he needed was his steak and the whipped potatoes. I've never seen him so enthusiastic about any kind of food before. The creamed spinach and garlicky brocollini were good as well but nothing too special. Then we ordered the can o' cake which was a bit of a mistake. It was $24 and meant to serve 6 people (we did ask about this prior to ordering so it wasn't the restaurant's fault at all, we knew what we were getting)...we wanted to try it anyhow and the waiter said it could be taken home so we got it. We had too much food already and the cake pushed us over the edge. It was good but it's one of those REALLY rich chocolate cakes that tastes like heaven for the first few bites and then quickly becomes too much. I would say unless you have a large group of people (maybe even more than 6), it's too rich especially after the meal you get here. The waitstaff was perfectly friendly and very quick with clean-up and water refills, absolutely no complaints there. It was also dead there so I can't speak for a busier night. The wait for food was very reasonable as well, no delays. As for the decor...I thought it was very nice. I was a little concerned after hearing people speak about the gaudy cow seats and udder lamps but I had absolutely no problems and thought everything was very tastefully done. The bill (without tip and tax) came to around $138 for the two of us. Expensive? Yes. But so delicious. Oh and the cotton candy with the bill was a very whimsical touch...loved it.