“Best Oriental Food so far...”

Red Lantern Foxwoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Lantern Foxwoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Red Lantern is unlike anything Foxwoods has ever seen before. With a capacity of 225 people, Red Lantern is modeled after its sister property in Boston, and features a redesigned open kitchen, full sushi counter and lounge area. Once again designed by the award-winning Peter Niemitz, the space also features 66 lanterns hanging overhead with the entrance marked by oversized, red ceremonial doors. Featuring a large leather, wraparound couch, high-back red club chairs, black tufted club chairs and acupuncture lamp statues throughout, Red Lantern Foxwoods has the same feel so many have fallen in love with, in its Boston counterpart. 21+. Guests under 21 may enter with parent or guardian.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had the Creamcheese filling lobster wonton (i guess) it was soo soooo Yummy. The entrée sizes are good and can easily fill up two ppl or can double up for a wonderful leftover meal the next day.

The restaurant has a club nearby, if you hate loud music, sometimes it can get shaky and annoying.

BNEG-CT, Public Relations Manager at Red Lantern Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Dear Milan,

Thank you so much for the great review of Red Lantern! We constantly are working towards improving our venues in any way we can and each and every review helps. Our management team will be addressed regarding the noise issue as well to make sure none of our customers are bothered by it. We’re thrilled to hear that you love our Lobster Rangoons, thanks again and hope you join us for more!

-Best
Red Lantern

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Hanging out at Foxwoods asking ppl for avoid restaurant they recommend Red lantern, we tried on Monday happy hour apps very good nice small menu for HH. Then we order whole chicken very well prepared very tasty, places it's very nice, services very very good, always on top of our needs
Thank you Mandy, we r from fl, next time in Foxwoods we'll definitely visit red lantern.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I dined at Red Lantern. We were seated promptly. The service was friendly and accommodating throughout the evening. The miso soup was very bland. I sent it back, which is something that I rarely do. The sushi was excellent. It was fresh and their roll selections were unique and tasty. The warm bread pudding dessert was not warm at all. The martinis (gimlets and the geisha) were excellent. Overall, it was average. Good sushi and drinks. Not so good apps and dessert.

1  Thank SavvyTraveler973
BNEG-CT, Manager at Red Lantern Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the sushi, martinis and service at Red Lantern! We are sorry that your miso soup and dessert were not as satisfactory, and hope a proper resolution was reached. Your comments will be shared with management to improve on these areas for future customers. We hope you give us another chance and dine again at Red Lantern!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Dined at Red Lantern for the first time and we were very impressed. The menu offered a wide selection including sushi.Their signature chicken dish came in a large bowl with delicious veggies, it was huge. A shrimp dish was also excellent. Top service and meals came out quick and hot ! A perfect start to our J Lo concert night.

1  Thank K N
BNEG-CT, Manager at Red Lantern Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the great review! We’re very happy to hear you enjoyed our signature chicken and shrimp dishes at Red Lantern! There are plenty of daily specials such as Tiki Tuesdays and our Friday Date Night package that certainly make Red Lantern the perfect spot before any Foxwoods show! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I had dinner here on a Saturday night. Our reservation was at 630. We had a delicious meal...the sushi was outstanding. The service was good. The one thing that I watched and couldn't believe was this: the table next to us were being cleared and when the busboy wiped the table he WATCHED the food fall onto the booth/seat and didn't even wipe it!!!!! Who does that? My husband was going to go wipe it so the next people to sit there wouldn't sit in someone's nasty leftover food. It makes me disappointed to see things like them...it's like workers just don't care anymore...or don't take price in their restaurant. I don't know what it is. This isn't the only place I've seen this happen, it's common. It just shocks me and makes me shake my head. I was going to speak to a manager on our way out, but we were heading to a concert and I didn't have time.

BNEG-CT, Manager at Red Lantern Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hi Kate,

Thank you for your review. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your sushi and service at Red Lantern! We appreciate your comments about the busboy next to you, and are sorry you saw that on your way out. Our staff aims to provide the best service possible and takes a lot of pride in the restaurant, we apologize that this was not evident in your experience with us. We will definitely share your experience with management and make sure this does not happen in the future. Hopefully we will see you and your husband again soon!