“Rude Bartenders. Way overpriced.”

Red Lantern Foxwoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Lantern Foxwoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Red Lantern is unlike anything Foxwoods has ever seen before. With a capacity of 225 people, Red Lantern is modeled after its sister property in Boston, and features a redesigned open kitchen, full sushi counter and lounge area. Once again designed by the award-winning Peter Niemitz, the space also features 66 lanterns hanging overhead with the entrance marked by oversized, red ceremonial doors. Featuring a large leather, wraparound couch, high-back red club chairs, black tufted club chairs and acupuncture lamp statues throughout, Red Lantern Foxwoods has the same feel so many have fallen in love with, in its Boston counterpart. 21+. Guests under 21 may enter with parent or guardian.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I thought it was way over priced. They have a $10 cover charge. There's no where to place your drink. If you want a table near the dance floor, you have to rent it! I set my drink on the bar for a bit, with my friends right there and when I went back to retrieve it, it was gone. The bartender said that someone spilled it. I couldn't believe she didn't even offer me another one? By the way, the 2 rows of tables that were set up waiting for people to rent, never got used! I stayed until 11:30pm. Anyway, I would not waste my money in there again.

BNEG-CT, Manager at Red Lantern Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfactory. We have shared your review with our management & staff in order to improve the service we provide. We have tables downstairs available at no cost Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday nights. For example, Entourage Thursdays are a special club night where we offer Free Admission to all, 1/2 off Avion Bottles, & $5 Avion Cocktails. We hope you will come again soon and give us another opportunity to deliver a better experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The look and feel was that of a Vegas club, only shrunk down to scale. Music was excellent and is in a prime location.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Went on a Sunday night, got service quick but drinks were a little pricey. I have went to foxwoods on Friday and Saturdays and this place looks packed. I would just go on week days

1  Thank Katrina603
BNEG-CT, SHRINE at Red Lantern Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for your comment! The restaurant and bar at Shrine can be busy on the weekends, however to avoid long wait times we recommend guests make advanced reservations. For your next visit, you can make a reservation by calling (860) 312-8888 or by going to www.opentable.com.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

For a Friday night the place was pretty empty yet we were seated in a small corner room. When we arrived, the hostess was too enthralled in her conversation with a co-worker to acknowledge us. After seeing us she finished what she was saying then turned around to greet us.

Sub-par service and so-so food sums it up. Our server kind of went through the motions. She did not know what a flirtini cocktail was. She brought back a Cosmo with some seltzer water mixed in. She didn't ask if we wanted appetizers or if we wanted a 2nd drink-our glasses remained empty until my friend had to call her over to ask for another drink.

Her demeanor was kind of 'matter of fact' like she was doing us a favor.

The food was just 'ok'. I guess I expected more because it's a nice place in a newer casino but I could honestly get the same if not better meal at my neighborhood chinese restaurant for about 1/4 the price.

The kicker was after I gave my card to pay she returned, placed the receipt on the table and walked away. No 'good night' 'have a great evening', 'thank you'-nothing!

Sub-par service and mediocre food. I'll think twice before wasting my money and time somewhere it is not appreciated!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

to celebrate my wife's special birthday we drove for 1 1/2 hours each way to visit this restaurant.. For appetizers, we shared Teriyaki chicken wings, very ordinary and Duck Buns which were great but small portioned For entrees we had Singapore Street Noodles, Sea Bass and the XO flattened Chicken. these were good but pricey. We had better and a lot cheaper food elsewhere.For dessert, We shared Banana Spring Rolls with ice cream.They came out looking good, Too bad one spring roll was Banana and the other one veggie, Whops!Our waitress was very nice and was apologetic and took it off the bill.