“Superb Food and Service”

Alta Strada Foxwoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Alta Strada Foxwoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 32 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 2
New Haven, Connecticut
“Superb Food and Service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

You can probably find dozens of Italian restaurants within 10 miles of Alta Strada and God only knows I've eaten enough Italian food in my life....

but....

the food is excellent, from the "thin crust" pizza which actually IS "thin crust" to the bolognese sauce to the Caesar salad it's all good..no, great....and with it comes superb attentive (but not overly so) service from a staff that truly cares if you like what you ordered. Make sure to try the Chicken Milanese. I can't speak to any shellfish items as I am allergic and I have NO idea why they've put a hamburger on the menu.

And don't think you should only go to Alta Strada if your planning for a night at Foxwoods. This restaurant would compete well against any other as a "stand alone."

Enjoy

• Visited December 2012

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Very satisfied.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

First I was skeptical about a restaurant in a Casino. But I was impressed. I should underline though that we did not order a LOT of food and thus I might be biased. But the few plates we ordered were excellent and the bread they serve is the best (figured out later that they bring it from Boston ( I won't disclose the name of the bakery)). The serve Italian beer on draught (Peroni, it's light and crisp).

The waiters were super nice. Will come back again.

• Visited February 2013
“Great italian food”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Great wait staff food was excellent a bit rich needs to offer a bit more on the lighter side. Very polite and helpful a bit pricey but worth it would go there again they do need a bit more of a drink selection for specials

Colonie, New York
“Second great experience”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The restaurant was very prompt about our reservation time. We even arrived 15 minutes early and they seated us right away on a Saturday night, which was impressive. The waitress was very pleasant, prompt, and professional. We had calamari as an appetizer, which was delicious. My wife had the mushroom ravioli and I had the stuffed peppers, which I struggled to finish because there was so much food on the plate. I had some trouble picking out a wine we'd like, so we sampled a few different glasses while we ate. Excellent place to eat.

Visited January 2013
Norwalk, CT
“Arthur Avenue Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I while at MGM Foxwoods Casino noticed this Italian Restaurant and since it was her Birthday and we both love Italian food we ventured in to try the Italian fare. Dan our waiter came over and went through all the specials and mentioned all the pasta is homemade. We both love pasta especially since my best friends mother is Italian and always made her pasta fresh while living in the Bronx on Arthur Avenue. So we both had pasta dishes for dinner and some Italian Red Wine with the meal. We both concluded the pasta was excellent and told Dan our waiter to send our compliments to the chef. We both would recommend this fine Italian Restaurant and would be back in the near furture. Sincerely, Virginia & Howard Adams

Visited January 2013