“Not Bad but not great. ”
Review of Two Trees Inn

Two Trees Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Nothing extra special here if you are used to staying in the main building. Storm was here and staff moral was low. Not it's usual friendly smiling faces. When I go to a casino to spend money I expect excellent service. Not this time.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Clean and a good value, with shuttle service that made it very easy to access the casino.
Not 5 stars,but more than adequate for the average person. I found the staff to be personable and attentive.
I would return in the future and recommend it to anyone who doesn`t mind a shuttle ride for a more inexpensive accommodation.

Room Tip: A better value than staying at the casino,and no problems with shuttle service.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed here on a Sunday night. Our check-in was fairly quick considering the amount of people checking in.
Our room was clean and amazingly smoke free.
The restaurant and bar are clean and the staff were quick and pleasant.
The shuttle runs to the casino every 10 minutes door to door.
The walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors and people in the hallway. Keep in mind it is a casino hotel, so people are coming and going at all hours. If you're a light sleeper considered some ear plugs.
A good value for $86 per night. If luxury is what you want. Stay at the MGM.
A good place to sleep in and grab a quick bite.
We will definitely be returning

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have stayed at all other Foxwoods hotels in the past (MGM, Cedar, Grand Pequot) but had avoided the Two Trees Inn until now due to a number of less than stellar reviews.

I can say that I was very pleasantly surprised with everything that I experienced during my recent stay at the Inn which is located slightly off-site from the actual casino. In good weather, you could walk to the casino in less than 10 minutes, but the shuttle runs about every 15 minutes and they can accommodate wheelchairs (not every bus though).

The decor was bright, warm and rustic and inviting - giving it a wilderness feel to it. I liked it a lot.

Check-in was very quick and my room was in top shape, on par with most other hotel rooms that I have stayed in. The pool and hot-tub were relaxing and in very good shape.

I would say that for the rate I got - $63, which includes taxes etc., this was a very good value and would definitely stay again for this rate.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had tickets to see a comedian at Foxwoods and there were no rooms available onsite so we had to stay at Two Trees Inn. It is conveniently located within walking distance to Foxwoods (in good weather) and they run frequent shuttle busses to both Foxwoods and MGM which is a nice feature. The lobby is inviting with a gas fireplace and leather chairs and warm neutral colors.
We were disappointed to find that the gift card we were going to use at this pricy hotel, had expired. It was only 3 years old. I read that gift cards cannot expire in CT due to legislation enacted in 2003 but still they would not honor the card. The frustrating part was that we checked before arriving to see what the balance was and it said $100. We were very disappointed to say the least.
The rooms, while neat and clean were very small. The bathrooms need updating. The blowdryer was pretty much useless--especially for someone with thick hair.
We actually checked for bedbugs but did not find any, thankfully. We felt the room would be fine as we were just using it basically to sleep. Well, that ended up being a difficult endeavor. We went back to our room at 11:30 p.m. and watched all of Saturday Night Live. At 1:00 the hotel became very lively. Apparently this is quite the party hotel. There were groups of bachelor and bachelorette parties and they were partying up a storm. Doors were opened and revelers were whooping it in the halls up until the wee hours of the morning. A security guard walked up and down the halls but did nothing to quiet the enthusiastic guests. I know they were just having fun but at 2 and 3 AM? The hotel did nothing to stop this whatsoever.
For over $300 I could have spent three days in a first class Vegas hotel WITH airfare. Foxwoods got away with charging this much for a mediocre hotel because it was the weekend. Next time I'll try to find accommodations nearby but not on property. Save your money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lynvick56
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The last time I stayed at Two Trees Inn was about 20 years ago when the hotel was rather new. I enjoyed the charm and the quality back then. So to my surprised when I arrived this time, they totally let the place go to pot. You would think with all the money they made from the casinos, they would keep the place updated.

The carpets, furniture and everything else is original and very worn. I booked a one bedroom suite and paid good money for it. When I entered my room, I saw the carpets was old and stained. The furniture all chewed up. The first generation Phillips flat screen TV had such a bad picture I thought it was a tube TV. And worst, the mattress, very old and too soft, I sunk into it, and could not sleep well. I awoke each morning with a backache.

They have the old fashion 1960's style in the wall heaters/air conditioners. No matter what temperature I dialed, the heater just kept pumping out heat. I had to unplug the unit from the wall socket just to have it go off to cool down. No kidding, it must of been about 90 in the room. The unit was very noisy too.

Warning, this is a dog friendly hotel. The ground floor wing I was in, had a few dogs. Not bad if you like to hear dogs bark now and then. Something strange happened, my hallway one time was very cold, then I noticed another room's door was opened and inside the windows were wide open. remember very cold day about 10 degrees with snow outside. The maids did not know why the door and windows were open. Maybe a dog left a present.

The gym is pathetic. The hot tub was full of foam one day and the front desk person said "bubble man must be in the tub again" Pool area was not clean.

The restaurant was not busy at all. Prices too expensive.

Pro: Nice fireplace in the lobby.
Con: Everything else

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor, because normally in a pet friendly hotel, the pets stay on...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank InvisibleSecretAgent
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

After reading the many negative reviews online here, I was very apprehensive about our stay, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel and the service at the front desk and restaurant. I am a very picky person and am accustomed to staying in four star hotels, but I truly have no idea what people are complaining about.
The Two Trees is clean and well kept. Our room, a junior suite, was nicely appointed and very comfortable. Linens were lovely and the bed, couch and chairs were all comfortable, though the pullout mattress was springy and could stand to be replaced. Our non-smoking room, was, as advertised, smoke-free. The restaurant was very
good too, with excellent food, especially the hangar steak, prompt service, and reasonable prices. We booked our room at the last minute for a chess tourney and they were almost completely booked, so we had to pay more than most people in the tourney and had no room selection choice. Despite all that, I have no complaints. I recommend this pleasant,quiet hotel if you are looking for a relaxing atmosphere.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank MaineFoodie2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Hilltop Inn & Suites
Hilltop Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!