“Pleasant atmosphere, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Two Trees Inn

Two Trees Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Pleasant atmosphere, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

After reading the many negative reviews online here, I was very apprehensive about our stay, but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel and the service at the front desk and restaurant. I am a very picky person and am accustomed to staying in four star hotels, but I truly have no idea what people are complaining about.
The Two Trees is clean and well kept. Our room, a junior suite, was nicely appointed and very comfortable. Linens were lovely and the bed, couch and chairs were all comfortable, though the pullout mattress was springy and could stand to be replaced. Our non-smoking room, was, as advertised, smoke-free. The restaurant was very
good too, with excellent food, especially the hangar steak, prompt service, and reasonable prices. We booked our room at the last minute for a chess tourney and they were almost completely booked, so we had to pay more than most people in the tourney and had no room selection choice. Despite all that, I have no complaints. I recommend this pleasant,quiet hotel if you are looking for a relaxing atmosphere.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MaineFoodie2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Westfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stay at Two Trees if the other three Foxwoods onsite hotels aren't available.
The positives:

If you want to visit the Casino, but be away from the hustle and bustle of the gaming, Two Trees, while still being on the Foxwoods grounds (but away from the 24/7 noise of the main complex), is Foxwoods' sole option to guests (unless you plan on staying offsite at a third party establishment).

The front entry porch is inviting during seasonal visits (especially fall). Soak in the scenery, or lose yourself in a good book. There are benches and a porch swing, if I'm remembering correctly. The porch is the main "inn" appeal, and what separates the aging Two Trees from comparable motels.

There is a shuttle service to the casino building, so travel to and from is convenient. We have never waited more than 10 minutes for one. The drivers do appreciate gratuity, so be prepared with a few singles each way.

If your stay included a concert the night before, there's a chance that the opening band (sometmes, the headlining band) chose to stay at Two Trees. We learned this by accident, when Duran Duran performed at MGM Grand in 2012. We assumed they would spend the night in the penthouse VIP suite at MGM. Imagine our surprise when we learned that they went under the radar and stayed a few doors down from us at Two Trees!

We took our daughter to see a band she likes last year. They also stayed at Two Trees. I met their producer at breakfast, who generously invited our family for a private meet and greet before check-out. They gave us autographed posters, took photos of our family with the band, and hugs all around. Our daughter was over the moon. We believe it was the relatively intimate setting of Two Trees that made this unexpected VIP treatment possible. Of course, we're guessing most artists opt for that penthouse at MGM.

The cons:

The rooms have been updated--sort of. We noticed on our last stay that Grear Cedar's aging headboards now grace the Two Trees rooms. Hand-me-downs don't = upgrades. Our room still had the old fashioned tube television, but we noticed a shipment of unpacked flatscreens in the hallway. We hope to see one in our next stay at Two Trees.

The bathroom is no better than what you'd expect at a worn down Howard Johnson. Water pressure was very weak. Dated, dated, dated.

The air conditioner is a window unit, and LOUD.

The hotel promises free wifi on the Foxwoods website, but even Front Desk confided that most guests have trouble getting any signal at all in rooms. Her advice? Go to the pool, connect to wifi there, then return to room and hope it "sticks." Luckily, our room was down the hall from the pool, and we took her advice. Managed go connect there. Signal did get weaker back in the room, but we somehow made it work. We did have to return to the pool several times to reconnect--good grief!

Staff was courteous. Foxwoods, invest in a serious upgrade, and you'll have a gem.

Room Tip: If you're staying with children, ask for a junior suite. You'll appreciate the extra room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joseph B
Temple, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed one out of two nights. The room we ask for was a suite. the sofa bed was way below anything I have ever seen every spring could be felt. the blanket had a hole in it and the heating in one of the rooms didn't work. The first Manger I talked to didn't want to help.She told me to look at another room which was the same in look Old. Her customer service wasn't there, she needs train loads of it. However The second Lady manager was helpful and moved us. Yes we did have to pay more for the room but it was worth every penny. No it wasn't in this hotel it was at there main building of Foxwoods. The Two trees hotel needs a good clean hallways main areas the room need revamp maybe turn two rooms into one. and train some of there Managers. It could be a great place, but isn't now.

Room Tip: none Sorry until they improve there rooms stay at there other hotels.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Mashantucket hotels

Albany, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

First time here and very disappointed, thank god it was only for one night. The professional photos are very deceiving. It does not look like that at all. Paying over $400 for a room I expected luxury beyond compare. This is not luxury and I feel that I got taken. You shouldn't have to stay in the casino areas to experience luxury and a clean room. 1. Outside it's like a country porch, needs a good cleaning. There wasn't even valet parking or any attendants at the door to help with luggage. 2. After receiving room keys I was told to take the stairs since it was closest to my room. I didn't have to use my keys to get into the side door of the hotel - it was already unlocked and open! YIKES no security at all. 3. Asked for non-smoking room and the entire 3rd floor smelled like smoke. When I saw the smoke tray outside the elevator door I was in shock - never seen that before. Most luxury hotels don't allow smoking in the hallways so to see the tray there was shocking (yet again this isn't luxury) i'm use to smelling fresh flowers or at least some pleasant fragrance in the hallways of a hotel. 4. Hard water stains in shower head, couldn't believe they left it like that and the bathroom titles were cracked. Nothing shined in this bathroom - nothing. 5. Decor in the bedrooms are old and outdated, like you are staying in a 1980's cabin of some sort. They had the mini fridge on the floor, the coffee brewer in the bathroom and NO MICROWAVE. I have never been to a hotel that didn't have a microwave. 6. I slept in my robe because the sheets had stains and a hole. 1 out of 3 of the pillows also had stains. Ceilings had cracks in it. Take a look at the pictures...they had to be taken, so staff and mgmt can see what's going on in this hotel.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. I saw a Hilton Garden Inn down the road and knew I would've had a better experience there than here. I am pissed that I spent good money to stay on casino property yet didn't get that luxury experience. I had no problem with the staff even though check in took at least 20 min - there was a line. This place needs to be upgraded pronto and with a better cleaning crew and better maintenance crew. I will not be staying here again.

Everyone says stay in the casino next time, so I will praying and hoping for a better experience next time.

Room Tip: No Breakfast. Rooms w/ double beds are very small. No Microwaves.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Quiana T
Galway, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed at Two Trees before - and it has really changed - our reservation was for a suite and King size bed - when we got there we got a small room with 2 double beds!! The front desk was not very nice about it. They wanted to charge us the same price as well!
The place is not all that clean any more and needs an upgrade - we did have breakfast at the restaurant there - nothing fancy and service was very slow - next time we will stay at the casino- if available -
when they are all booked they put you out to Two Trees.

Room Tip: Stay at the Casino not at Two Trees!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lori A
Forestville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

For the passed two years my family bus trip to Foxwood we have stay here and love that we can park the bus and take the shuttle back in forward to casino, for some area u could still smell smoke even when your not suppose too but other than that great time.

Stayed November 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying we came with a group so the rate was great especially considering it was a holiday weekend. We arrived at 11 am and knew we would have to wait to check in but our rooms were not ready until 4. That aside the room was clean and nice EXCEPT the smoke! There was a haze of cigarette smoke in our 'non smoking' room. The adjoining room was a smoking room so despite the double door our room stunk! Had to keep the Windows open the entire time which is not so safe on the ground floor. Lobby was nice, staff nice, shuttle convenient and overall it was fine. I did get up in the middle of the night and coming back to bed I came across a gazillion legger on the wall. Thank God my husband was here or I would have been sleeping in the lobby.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meg J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,455 reviews
Great Cedar Hotel at Foxwoods
Great Cedar Hotel at Foxwoods
#3 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!