“Two Trees Inn Needs to be Uprooted & Upgraded”
Review of Two Trees Inn

Two Trees Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed November 17, 2013

First time here and very disappointed, thank god it was only for one night. The professional photos are very deceiving. It does not look like that at all. Paying over $400 for a room I expected luxury beyond compare. This is not luxury and I feel that I got taken. You shouldn't have to stay in the casino areas to experience luxury and a clean room. 1. Outside it's like a country porch, needs a good cleaning. There wasn't even valet parking or any attendants at the door to help with luggage. 2. After receiving room keys I was told to take the stairs since it was closest to my room. I didn't have to use my keys to get into the side door of the hotel - it was already unlocked and open! YIKES no security at all. 3. Asked for non-smoking room and the entire 3rd floor smelled like smoke. When I saw the smoke tray outside the elevator door I was in shock - never seen that before. Most luxury hotels don't allow smoking in the hallways so to see the tray there was shocking (yet again this isn't luxury) i'm use to smelling fresh flowers or at least some pleasant fragrance in the hallways of a hotel. 4. Hard water stains in shower head, couldn't believe they left it like that and the bathroom titles were cracked. Nothing shined in this bathroom - nothing. 5. Decor in the bedrooms are old and outdated, like you are staying in a 1980's cabin of some sort. They had the mini fridge on the floor, the coffee brewer in the bathroom and NO MICROWAVE. I have never been to a hotel that didn't have a microwave. 6. I slept in my robe because the sheets had stains and a hole. 1 out of 3 of the pillows also had stains. Ceilings had cracks in it. Take a look at the pictures...they had to be taken, so staff and mgmt can see what's going on in this hotel.

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. I saw a Hilton Garden Inn down the road and knew I would've had a better experience there than here. I am pissed that I spent good money to stay on casino property yet didn't get that luxury experience. I had no problem with the staff even though check in took at least 20 min - there was a line. This place needs to be upgraded pronto and with a better cleaning crew and better maintenance crew. I will not be staying here again.

Everyone says stay in the casino next time, so I will praying and hoping for a better experience next time.

Room Tip: No Breakfast. Rooms w/ double beds are very small. No Microwaves.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Quiana T
There are newer reviews for Two Trees Inn

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have stayed at Two Trees before - and it has really changed - our reservation was for a suite and King size bed - when we got there we got a small room with 2 double beds!! The front desk was not very nice about it. They wanted to charge us the same price as well!
The place is not all that clean any more and needs an upgrade - we did have breakfast at the restaurant there - nothing fancy and service was very slow - next time we will stay at the casino- if available -
when they are all booked they put you out to Two Trees.

Room Tip: Stay at the Casino not at Two Trees!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori A
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

For the passed two years my family bus trip to Foxwood we have stay here and love that we can park the bus and take the shuttle back in forward to casino, for some area u could still smell smoke even when your not suppose too but other than that great time.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying we came with a group so the rate was great especially considering it was a holiday weekend. We arrived at 11 am and knew we would have to wait to check in but our rooms were not ready until 4. That aside the room was clean and nice EXCEPT the smoke! There was a haze of cigarette smoke in our 'non smoking' room. The adjoining room was a smoking room so despite the double door our room stunk! Had to keep the Windows open the entire time which is not so safe on the ground floor. Lobby was nice, staff nice, shuttle convenient and overall it was fine. I did get up in the middle of the night and coming back to bed I came across a gazillion legger on the wall. Thank God my husband was here or I would have been sleeping in the lobby.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meg J
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed this past Friday night (10/18/13). Upon arrival we were immediately upgraded to a junior suite. The room very comfortable the cleanliness was impeccable. The staff was terrific from check in to checkout. We will definitely stay here again. Totally enjoyed the atmosphere.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joel1951
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is a bit older and really there are not many amenities when you think Foxwoods, but it's a good alternative than staying far away. Foxwoods has the bad location of really nothing around it, so it's tough to find a room for any big holidays or anything. I would say if your going to try and save a little, go for here. You get a free shuttle all night long and the drivers are really good about taking you to any casino on Foxwoods, even to MGM.

The staff was a bit rude when I first got in. Maybe he was having a bad day, but he told me my card was no good when he clearly was swiping it through the computer wrong. That's why I took a star off. My opinion, if your going to go with the guys and do some partying and gambling, this is great. IF you are going to for a romantic getaway, spend the extra dough and stay at MGM.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent a night at foxwoods and found this the least expensive but a great place. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was better than expected being a cheaper hotel. AC was pumping upon arrival. in room fridge and very comfortable bed. The room was very clean. They have a bar and restaurant. A shuttle for Foxwoods runs every ten minutes all night. would def stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jcagz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville

Been to Two Trees Inn? Share your experiences!