“Very disappointing”
Review of G Spa

G Spa
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I arrived at G spa awaiting a relaxing manicure and pedicure booked by my husband as a treat. After I was seated at the table, the manicurist casually said, oh we don't have time for a pedicure today. Excuse me, this was booked. Oh, we tried to call you. I was very disappointed that 1) this was not indicated when I checked in and 2) they were not even apologetic. I had wanted a certain type of manicure was was told, no sorry I don't have time. After the manicure, I visited the front desk and tried to find out more information. They could not provide me w/the number they tried to call but were very matter of fact, no apologies at all. Finally when I provided a tip that was less than their standard, they asked what was wrong. Have you not just witnessed went on here? Only then after a few minutes of going into the backroom, did someone finally come out to speak to me. Ironically, they then asked if I'd like the manicure I originally asked for. Not at this point, too late. My nails were already dry; I'm not starting over. Mistakes happen and I understand that but I expected a much higher level of service when over paying by double for a simple service.

I also visited the gym area which was ok but again, this is supposed to be a luxury spa. Left over water bottles from other guests and dirty towels were lying around. I actually saw an employee walk through who made no attempt to clean anything up.

This has the potential of being a great place but is seriously lacking in customer service.

1  Thank JulieD402
CHARISSE D, Manager at G Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Julie,
I am so sorry about your experience and the booking error. It was a very busy weekend and we obviously did not do a good job in keeping up with the fitness center. I am the Director that you spoke to and I offered you and your friend Lisa a complimentary pedicure on your next visit. Unfortunately we were so busy on Saturday we could not offer you a service at that time.
I hope you take us up on our offer. We promise you will not be disappointed!

Charisse Duroure

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I can't say enough great things about my experiences at GSpa. I've had two manicures and two hair appointments, and every time I am overwhelmed with the kindness of the staff and their impeccable attention to detail. My last hair appointment was a color correction, and I was very worried that my hair was completely ruined. They talked me through every step, assuring me that we were well on the road to hair recovery, and in the end it looked healthy and beautiful. I've been to other high end salons in the area, and nothing compares to the service at GSpa, I definitely wouldn't go anywhere else.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wonderful staff and great service by all from the front desk to locker room attendants. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have never had a better massage than here! In betwen treatments you can use the pool, it is a very nice area. This is my husband and my favorite place to unwind.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

What better way to spend a rainy Saturday then at the G Spa at MGM Grand! The facility, quality of service, and attentiveness of the staff were fantastic. The G Spa pays special attention to the details. For example, the massage therapist used heat in an innovative manner to help relax the body while the massage was happening. Also, I tried the new "30 minute" facial machine that cleaned and moisturized your face in an efficient and pleasant way. (There are times when I get ansy after 30 minutes when getting a facial, so this new service was perfect for me). While the spa was busy on Saturday, but you never got a sense of being rushed. Loved it!