“This is luxury?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Boston, Massachusetts
“This is luxury?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in the GP Tower for one night while attending a business meeting. I walked in to a line at the reception desk and only 2 people working at the many reception computers. It felt like the supermarket with 20 registers and only 2 open. I asked for a room with a nice view. The surrounding woods are very pretty. The women made a noise of acceptance. I thought she understood when she gave me a high floor. Unfortunately my room looked directly across at the other wing of the tower and had no view. The first thing I noticed was the chemical freshener used in the room, not very nice. The next thing was the cigarette hole in the bedspread. Next was the wastebasket that hadn't been emptied from the last guest. Overall the room was tired and needed updating. The bathroom was spacious but it is empty space and not very attractive. The only real plus is that the room was good size overall. The air conditioning was quite loud but it kept the room cool.

A group of us had dinner at David Burke Prime. Everything was excellent. We then decided to play pool in High Rollers. The tables were nice Brunswicks but the felt a mess on each table and the cues were in rough shape. We headed to the casinos next. It was fairly quiet being a weeknight. I thought the casino would be nicer but it was fairly basic. We headed over to the MGM casino expecting that it would be much more impressive but it wasn't much better.

This hotel is charging premium rates for a mid-level experience. I have been to Mohegan Sun in the past. It seemed like a much nicer hotel than this one.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DJA1972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Troy,NY 12180
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We choose Foxwoods Casino. What a great place to relax and have fun. We had a good lunch at the Festival buffet and a delicious dinner at David's steakhouse (pricey but great).

We loved our time up at the pool, jacuzzi, with a large pool. Great place to relax. Was lucky to hit a $76 payout on a slot machine... not a big gambler.

It is close to Mystic seaport for short trips.

They have beautiful rooms and many places to eat . We will definitely come back. Hope to go to the Comedy Club tonight.

Room Tip: We really liked the Grand Pequot Tower.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dander565duff
White Plains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

In my opinion, Foxwoods encompasses all of the hotels and casinos there. To separate them out individually does not do the overall "Foxwoods" service. It is a mega complex and not individual entities as what is trying to be represented herein. Overall, under one roof the place is unbeatable, but as separate entities, a lot gets lost in the shuffle. One day is not enough, neither is 2 or three days. There is so much to do, so much to eat. So much so much. Compare it to the old movie "Westworld" where H. Brenner played the robot cowboy. It is just great great.

3 Thank JP J
Poland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at the Grand Pequot Tower at the beginning of May. Check in was a kind of rough. We arrived at 11 am and went down to check in. I told the gentleman behind the counter I needed a room near the elevator because my husband has a hard time walking around and has a cane. He said no problem and put us in for a room right away. Evidently they didn't have any available at the time and he said he would call us when it was ready. I asked about how long it would take and he told me not too long maybe an hour or so. So we went over to the MGM to get our free tickets to the Foreigner concert that evening. After getting our tickets and playing a little over there we went back over to the Foxwoods side and to the Grand Pequot Casino. After playing there for another hour we decided to call and see if our room was finally ready as we hadn't heard from them. Another hour goes by and still no call. So we finally go back down to the check in desk and see all kinds of people leaving with keys to their rooms. I went up and asked why we hadn't gotten our room yet and the lady told me it was because it wasn't ready yet. I told her we had driven 4 hours from Maine that morning and had been waiting for another 3 hours at the casino and asked how long it was going to be. I was pretty upset by this time. She told me to wait a minute and went out back. When she came back out front she told us it would be at least another half hour until the room was ready but another room opened up just at that moment right next to the main elevators so did we want that one instead? I was very happy to take that room and finally got checked in. After that little fiasco everything was fabulous. They even gave us a late check out. I have to say we had room service twice while we stayed and the lady in that department was wonderful! She went out of her way to accomodate us. The gaming was great to us also. I won $600 on a penny slot machine on a 40 cent bet and my husband won $400 on a penny slot on a 40 cent bet! Over all it was a very nice stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

3 Thank Tammy U
Franklin, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel was very nice, expensive but nice. I personally think I liked the MGM Grand better and it was cheaper. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was friendly. It is a great location for staying right in Foxwoods casino.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lunenburg, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Maybe it was just this particular room, but first impressions mean a lot...
The flooring was in definite need of either replacing or a serious cleaning. Furniture was
scrathed and creaky. BOTH drains in shower AND sink drained s l o w l y..... Our view was of
nothing but other rooms and roof tops. Cable/satellite TV was spotty at best, and, if you wanted to
change channels, you had to go back to the beginning menu and start all over again. There was only the two of us, which if there was more, we would have had to order more (and bigger) towels.
On to the good stuff.... the room was clean and bed was quite comfy.

Once again, maybe it was just this room but there was nothing to give me the warm fuzzies to
want me to stay again.

Room Tip: maybe rooms with a view were in better shape than mine... go for the view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank New_England_Bogdans
Fryeburg, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for 4 days for his birthday and we would highly recommend it. We had a King room with great views (see pics) and honestly did not hear any other people our entire stay! Our room was immaculate and the hotel service was excellent! We requested an extra blanket and someone was at our door within minutes! We had a non-smoking room which smelled very nice (no smoke odor at all). The rest of the hotel, lobby, etc, did have a stale smoke smell, which was unfortunate, but although we are non smokers, we would not hesitate to stay here again. The pool area was beautiful and spotless with 2 hot tubs. I didn't rate the spa because although I would have loved to have a massage, I didn't make it in there. We walked through the spa area and it was beautiful, quiet, and clean. There were plenty of restaurants and stores to walk around indoors and shop. Over all, we would highly recommend this hotel!! :=)

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room with a beautiful serene view of the rolling hills, our room was room...
3 Thank Lisa H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!