“Would highly recommend this hotel!”
Review of Grand Pequot Tower

Grand Pequot Tower
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Fryeburg, Maine
“Would highly recommend this hotel!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for 4 days for his birthday and we would highly recommend it. We had a King room with great views (see pics) and honestly did not hear any other people our entire stay! Our room was immaculate and the hotel service was excellent! We requested an extra blanket and someone was at our door within minutes! We had a non-smoking room which smelled very nice (no smoke odor at all). The rest of the hotel, lobby, etc, did have a stale smoke smell, which was unfortunate, but although we are non smokers, we would not hesitate to stay here again. The pool area was beautiful and spotless with 2 hot tubs. I didn't rate the spa because although I would have loved to have a massage, I didn't make it in there. We walked through the spa area and it was beautiful, quiet, and clean. There were plenty of restaurants and stores to walk around indoors and shop. Over all, we would highly recommend this hotel!! :=)

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room with a beautiful serene view of the rolling hills, our room was room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Camden, Maine
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just returned with my poker group from our annual Kentucky Derby weekend at Foxwoods and had wonderful time. From dining at David Burkes to a couple of rounds of golf at River Ridge, to late nights at the poker tables to afternoon hot tubs on the 9th floor spa everything was top notch with wonderful service and first class attention. There seemed to be smaller crowds especially in the restaurants and at the Derby party but all were well behaved and an upbeat mood was everywhere. One comment I would like to make and it is what prompted this review, I forgot my iphone charger in the room and called lost and found the day after getting home not really expecting a response. Not only had they found my charger but they returned it special delivery at no charge with a very nice note hoping that I had enjoyed my stay and that I would return in the future. For me that level of customer service has great significance and I value it highly. It is an indication of customer appreciation that makes the customer feels appreciated and important. Great work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank flyeroli
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel when its available a few times rooms are big, big bathrooms nice shampoo selection nice view when facing the forest good cable selection free wi fi good room service pay a little more but the french toast is big 2 could split the order

Room Tip: Highest floor for quiet with balcony have to ask to have door unlocked
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redrosecross
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were to attend a meeting a Foxwood's Grand Pequot towers, but after reading the negative reviews on TA, I was apprehensive. True, the casino is smokey. The restaurant selection is good, rooms are clean and spacious and the view is beautiful. Veranda cafe has delicous omelets and a great view of the surrounding mountains. It is true the non smoking casino is still smokey, even though no one smokes in it. You are only a 15 minute drive from beautiful Mystic, CT and a little over an hour from Newport, RI. Providence airport is 45 minutes. Also, let me say as we were there for a small convention/meeting - the food was extremely delicious for an upscale resort. We had 3 dinners as a large group and everything was very tasty and great quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - make sure you are not facing the other tower of the resort...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MMRDalton_Georgia
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed in the Pequot Tower at Foxwoods many times and I always stay in the Corner Suites. The room is rather pricey but I believe it is a good value. Excellent room for a romantic getaway or have housekeeping bring in a rollout bed for the kids and you have a great room for families.

Ok now the good stuff....the Jacuzzi in the master bedroom is very nice, The master bath has a beautiful tiled shower and double vanities. The dining area has a wet bar, a wonderful glass dining table and a 40" flat screen TV, The Bedroom has a 32" flat screen that can face your bed or the jacuzzi if you prefer.

Overall I give the room a 5 out of 5 stars
Valet Service and Bell service : 5
VIP check in and check out : 5
Cedar steak house ... Food : 5 .... Service : 5
Festival Buffett .. Food 4 Service 4

Ok so why the 4 stars?
Normal check in time is 3PM and wasn't allowed in room till 4:15..... but I did stay till noon even though check out is supposed to be 11am and nothing was ever questioned

BUT I must also say that the room was VERY clean, The bed was as super comfortable and when the ladies of the room needed more shampoo....it was delivered in a matter of minutes

Would I recommend : YES

I already have my corner suite reserved for 2 nights in July....Did that at VIP check out ;-)

Enjoy and good luck

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a "standard" room so I can't review them. But if you can get a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kenneth H
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I will review my stay at Foxwoods from check in to check out:

VALET: Could not be easier! Pull up, greeted very nicely and car is complimentary valeted. No need to self park in a garage and hike it!

FRONT DESK: Staff is always super nice and accomodating. I have used the concierge for bag pickup and storage at checkout and is always fast and easy.

ROOM: I frequent Foxwoods often and have stayed in all of their hotels. Grand Pequot offers comfortable, clean and updated rooms. I am always impressed with the quality of the bedding and pillows, overall cleanliness and bathroom amenities. It is obvious that they service their rooms well and they do not show any "mileage". You also have complimentary ethernet connection for internet service to your laptop.

CASINO: Complete with all of your standard casino games and there is an abundance of tables open. Always have a good time and staff is excellent. Drink service on table games is frequent and attentive. Alcohol service does stop early (around 1 AM) due to state laws. If you like slot machines, you'll be very happy with the updated, latest games. Comp credits are very generous at Foxwoods and can be applied to room or food charges.

RESTAURANTS: There are numerous places to dine, but options are limited - especially for breakfast. We always have a good meal and we always find something that works.

Overall, I would highly recommend this property for those that are seeking an excellent room in a casino atmosphere. You will not be disappointed. This is also a great place for those seeking a hotel for business (conference center, etc.). I come here for the overall experience and ease of doing everything.

Room Tip: Due to the length of hallways, you may opt for a room close to an elevator if walking is an issue.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LJD2076
Troy, New York
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Most of the time spent visiting a casino is on the gambling floor but if you're planning on staying over the accommodations and amenities can be a concern. Recently staying at the Grand Pequot Tower offered both those issues. The room and its furnishings were extremely comfortable and more importantly very clean. It's nice to know that you have somewhere to take a break from the entertainment on the casino floor to enjoy peace and relaxation! Didn't require personal service while there but knew it would have been provided if needed. Lookin forward to next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bob P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!