“clean, comfy and cozy”
Review of Grand Pequot Tower

Grand Pequot Tower
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here with coworkers for a business retreat last week. We each had a room and worked out of a suite. My room was great, nice and cozy and able to control the heat to the tropical temperature I appreciate. Bathroom was spacious, tub was nice and deep, but didn't have time for a luxurious bath. Tv was slow to go on and then slow to go off causing me to hit the button several times and have it go on and off and on and off causing frustration. Also the door locks were strange, my door didn't shut after i walked out had to pull it shut didn't realize it until I used the bathroom realizing after that the door wasn't closed to my room. Had a mini fridge in the room which was nice to have cold mini bottles of water provided by the hotel. The suite was very nice had furnature in a living and dining room setting which was utilized during our work days. We were able to set up a projector and use the room to get all of our work done. The mini fridge also contained soda and water which was nice. Upon asking the house keepers we got extra soda which was nice. There were two bathrooms in the suite, I did get to go into the master bath and the tub was huge and a jacuzzi tub. If I come back with my husband that's the room I will make sure we stay in. The bathroom was almost the size of my deluxe room. Check in and out was very easy. Bag service and valet were very reliable to get us from the car to the room. Didn't get to visit the pool, could see it from my window, but forgot my bathing suit, looked nice though. Also didn't go to the gym, forgot my sneakers.

Room Tip: Even rooms are on the back side and have view of the woods, not the highway that seemed to face the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ecurranrx
There are newer reviews for Grand Pequot Tower

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed for a first time at the Grand Pequot Tower, and let me say what a pleasure it was. From the check in area to the lobby and the elevators. It was a great escape away from all the noise of the casino. The room was very spacious, clean, and more than comfortable. Controlling the temperature of the room was easy and it actually worked! We had ordered room service, which everything came up hot and delicious. Even with a high rate, I will definitely be staying there again because you do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Pay the upgrade fee and experience a whole different level of class.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Booked a night here to stay over after a concert, I'm not much of a gambler (Foxwoods Casino is attached) but the Hotel was a pleasure, clean, classy & quiet, no complaints. As for the Casino & surrounding areas, have to note that the reek of smoking is inescapable, and it made for a quick exit the next day on our part to get home & throw our clothes in the wash, you'd think with the money this place rakes in they'd find a way to segregate the smokers by now.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just got home from another great stay at the Grand Pequot. We have been going to Foxwoods for years to play in the casinos and go to some amazing concerts and have stayed at all of the hotels at Foxwoods and the GP is still our favorite. Unlike MGM (which is newer and more modern), you don't have to walk through the casino apon check-in to get to the elevators to your room or to the pool area. The beds in the GP are incredibly comfortable, the rooms are always clean and have refrigerators (great if you travel with cheese, wine, beer etc). The bathrooms are huge!! The rooms doen't come stocked with a mini bar that you have to worry about being charged for as does the MGM. The GP is convenient to all of the restaurants, casinos and shops. The staff is always polite, friendly and accommodating. I just love this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SPGtravelers
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Had a nights stay at this hotel and liked it. I did not think the changing of the cost one day to the next for the same room was fair. The deluxe room was clean and the bed comfy and bath area was clean also. I would stay again if the cost was a better deal. $266 a night was a little steep.
Staff at the front desk very nice and we were able to get in early.Valet parking was nice but slow to retreive the car.Good location at the casino

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

There isn't all that much to say about the Pequot. It's a very good hotel with little to no downsides.

The location of the hotel is right smack in the middle of a casino, Dunkin Donuts and the Paragon restaurant, giving patrons many options for entertainment and food. The only oddity is parking. It took me once or twice to remember which floor to get off on to get to the Pequot lobby.

I should mention that Foxwoods gave me a comped night the night we stayed (January 11th, a Friday) which was great to have for the first time. I highly recommend the Pequot to anyone who has enjoyed the Foxwoods atmosphere before. It can sometimes be pricy, especially on the weekends, but it's definitely worth the money.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank John K
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in a king room for my 26th birthday. It was very clean, spacious, and convenient to the casino. The bathrooms were spacious as well. The staff were great. We will be returning this year for my 27th birthday!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CMc112
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 5 in North Stonington
Hilltop Inn & Suites
Hilltop Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Grand Pequot Tower? Share your experiences!