“Not as impressed as I thought I was going to be.”

Foxwoods Resort Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Day and weekend travelers from neighboring states flock to this expansive complex, housing the world's largest casino, three high-rise hotels and numerous nongambling diversions, including movies, arcades, restaurants, sh Must contact owner
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was our first visit to Foxwood's. I may have had too big of expectations, but it wasn't as great as I was imagining. I have recently been to Vegas, so maybe that's why. It was very nice, but just seemed to be lacking. As my husband said, seems more like a mall than casino. Caesar's in Vegas has lots of shopping, it's amazing, but Foxwood's seemed like our local mall. I would go back to visit, personally, I liked Mohegan Sun better.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,208)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"bowling alley"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Foxwoods needs more video poker with better payouts. The casino floors are being taken over by penny slots and for serious video poker players there needs to be a balance. Make it happen!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

First time here and tried Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. Foxwoods is a large facility with nice restaurants, and various hotel options, as well as two golf courses. The casino, in several different areas of extension, was roomy. We enjoyed the slots. However, between the two places, we liked Mohegan Sun with its incredible Native American design pronounced everywhere, whereas Foxwoods was much more understated in that regard. Foxwoods reminded me more of AC casinos. Nice trip in combining both for various options.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I LOVE Foxwoods. Really, living somewhat closeby to Foxwoods spoils you. The poker room (my favorite) is HUUGE compared to other places. I have seen casinos that aren't even as big as the poker room at foxwoods. I love the atmosphere, the accommodation options, the rewards programs. When you first get there sign up for a rewards card, and ask if there are any shows that tickets are being offered to first time visitors (hey, it doesn't hurt). We have gotten free tickets before. All the restaurants are good, the Comix comedy club is awesome. Its just a great night out, or weekend.