“Spacious Rooms, Cooperative Staff and Easy Access to Attractions”

Great Cedar Hotel at Foxwoods
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mashantucket
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Great Cedar Hotel twice when we have visited the casinos. The Great Cedar hotel features spacious rooms, a friendly, cooperative staff and access to the casinos, restaurants and attractions. Our room featured an excellent view. The rooms are clean and the bathroom facilities are excellent. Check in at the lobby was fast, and the desk staff was pleasant and accomodating. A variety of restaurants are located within a five minutes walk from the room. We enjoyed our stay, and recommend the Great Cedar if you want quick access to the casinos and restaurants in addition to a friendly, accomodating hotel staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hcaveman

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stay at Foxwoods fairly often but this was our first time at Great Cedar. We usually stay at Grand Pequot or MGM. Of the three, Great Cedar is our least favorite. That's not to say that it is bad, at all, we just prefer the other two. As for Great Cedar, the lobby leaves something to be desired, especially if there is an exhibit such as The Princess Diana one going on right now, because the lobby is small to begin with. With the line running right through it, getting to the elevators with your bags can be annoying, but not that big of a deal. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small and a little dingy. If you want east access to Foxwoods and the other on site hotels are booked, the this is a good option.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank JLAA
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This was my first stay at the Great Cedar which is hard to rate since my last stay at Foxwoods was at the MGM. They are 2 very different hotels, the Great Cedar is like a Quality Inn as compared to the MGM which is more like a Hilton. The room was clean and had all the amenities needed for a stay over. The check in was quick, the elevators were conveinient to both the Lobby and the casino. The bed linens seemed a bit stiff maybe from too much starch.The room has a small fridge which was handy as well as a coffee maker and safe which are all things I like to have in a hotel room. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The luck at the casino did not pan out the way I had hoped but I suppose that is why they call it gambling. If given the choice I would definitly opt for the MGM again over the Great Cedar.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Belinda C
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I just get back from a mid-week getaway bus trip sponsored by Hazel Brandon (Nov 9-11) where I stayed at the above hotel. This was my first time @ the Great Cedar Hotel and I must say, I was impressed.The place itself, is HUGE! and WELL KEPT!

The Rooms extremely clean. My room was with a window-seat view on the 6th floor out looking the backside of the hotels fall foliage.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and professional. One of the employees went out of his way to show me were dunkin donuts was:)

The hotel has an array of casinos and people were winning! I won a nice amout on the penny slots! Friday there was a Veterans Day Parade, which was fun!

The Sidewalk Cafe offers enormous sandwiches (I had the roast beef there and Turkey to go! both were off the chain!) The Festival Buffet was good. Shuttle service is also available.

I would recommend the Great Cedar hotel-Casino to anyone who want take a ride to Connecticut and enjoy a wonderful getaway! ~ I sure did!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Wanted to get away from home for a few days, so took a bus trip to Foxwood Resort. Stayed at the Grand Cedar hotel for 3 nites. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Went to all 6 casinos; lots of different slot machines to choose from. However return of our money was very very low. Not much to do in the area once you get tired of playing casinos.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2011

You will need your walking shoes....not your heels. This place is huge. We stayed in the Grand Cedar Towers. Small, clean room. Right off of the main shopping "streets:. Everything is expensive....from a cup of coffee ($3) to dinner ( salmon $22)....breakfast was about $14 for one person. Much to our surprise, at the Comix comedy club was Mike Eagan. We had seen him before in DC and he was fantastic. He was again fantastic. Kudos to the management there for having him. Mr. Eagan was gracious to us and a great time was had by all.
Gambling there is not much different than AC....except drinks are easier to get in AC than here. The waitresses disappear when given a drink order.
Other than bring money and walking shoes, this is a pretty place to visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PADancergrrl
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Cedar Hotel at Foxwoods this week and had a great time. The room was very nice and a good value.

We visited the Diana exhibit that is on display through January and found it to be a very moving tribute to her life. It is absolutely worth the $25 entrance fee. You have the option to buy an audio handset, but there is enough written descriptions on the various displays - you may not need it. You can always go back and get the audio if you decide later that you'd prefer it.

Even though we stayed at the Grand Cedar, you can use the pool over at the Grand Pequot which is much nicer than the pool at the Cedar.

All in all, a very nice getaway.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashantucket
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
#1 of 5 in North Stonington

Been to Great Cedar Hotel at Foxwoods? Share your experiences!