“Comfortable for a night”

Best Western Storrs
Best Western Storrs
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had low expectations given all the negative reviews and was pleasantly surprised. The bed was comfortable. The staff member at the desk helpful. The room and bathroom were clean. My only negative comment is that there was an weak odor of cigarette smoke, probably through the vent system.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jeni Z, General Manager at Best Western Storrs, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Hello David, I would like to thank you for staying with us a couple of years ago. We would like to invite you back with a 10 % off on your next visit with us. There is no expiration date on this offer and can only be redeemed at our location. All of our rooms are non smoking. Our breakfast station is located next to the front office. As we continue to remodel and renovate, we would love to see you again. This savings is another way of saying thank you for being a valued guest.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Storrs

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a very good hotel with a reasonable price. Staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel is also in a very convenient location, right on Rt 195 and surrounded by all kinds of stores, and McDonald is right across street. Some good restaurants are nearby too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello Sue, I would like to thank you again for staying with us, we certainly do appreciate your business. We would like to invite you back with a 10% off on your next visit with us. There is no expiration date on this offer and can only be redeemed at this location. We are so excited about all the changes, improvements, and renovating that we would like for you to come and see for yourself what a difference we have made. We appreciate all of our guests. Looking forward to serving you when you do return.
Rspectfully,

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our flight was delayed at the last minute and they not only let us cancel that first night but told us to check-in at 10 AM the next day after our all night flight. We got refreshed for our meeting, welcomed with open arms and only got charged for one day for the 24-hours we enjoyed there. They could not have been nicer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you again for staying with us here at Best Western Storrs. Yes, we have a new name now. We have completed so many renovating and improvements that I would love to invite you back with a 10% off on your next visit with us. There is no expiration on this offer and can only be redeemed at this location. Looking forward to serving you again when you return to the Mansfield Center, CT. area. Thank you for being a valued guest. Have a nice day.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

It was OK, staff was sassy, water was too hot and security door to the outside was not working. Really nothing over the top terrible or good - just OK for the value. We were not there for the accomodations just needed a place to sleep and eat and it served that purpose.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My boyfriend lost his IPAD there and they so graciously sent it to him without any problem! Not only that but they made us feel very welcome and gave us a nice room. The room was clean. Bed was comfortable. They had breakfast in the morning. I would go there again. Prices were also good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Carol, I would like to thank you again for staying with us over 3 years ago. We appreciate your business. I would love to invite you back with 10 % off on your next visit with us. There is no expiration date on this offer and the savings can only be redeemed at this location. We have made so many changes to improve our hotel and make it nicer for our guests. Our breakfast area is next to the office now and both buildings are non smoking, just to name a couple of changes. I know you were love all these changes and many more that are scheduled now as we continue to make our Best Western Storrs 'your home away from home'. Looking forward to serving you again when you are in the area. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am a value shopper and look for the low priced hotels with the main requirement that there be a pool/jacuzzi because I really enjoy being able to soak to relax after a long drive. I have stayed here a couple times, but the last time will be my last. Because there was a special event in the area, they price gouged by doubling the normal prices. I am very partial to being ripped off.

Room Tip: Nice pool with jacuzzi. Close to shopping mall. Old (but remodeled) structure (it shows). Good value...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you again for staying with us a while ago. I would like to invite you back with a 10 % off on your next visit. There is no expiration date on this offer and can only be redeemed at this location. We have made so many improvements to provide the best for all of our guests. We continue to make changes and are still renovating. When you are in the area please stop by and we will show you around and give you a tour. Have a great day.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

older building made to look fairly up to date. Strange layout with room window that could not be opened looking directly onto a bright hallway that had open-able windows; AC worked well. Clean, comfortable, note my white socks stayed white after I walked across the room and that is more important to me than the age of dressers (older but functional) and speed of wi-fi (free, easily accessible but on the slow side); there were no bugs! swimming pool that I used daily was clean and refreshing and was located in a bright cheerful room with view of outside lawn and garden and had a hot-tub, convenient bathrooms w/shower, towels provided, and a drinking water fountain, access by room key..the key reader was persnickety but eventually let me in; there was a good breakfast with plenty of room and seating; staff were helpful and friendly. Housekeeping efficient; room had wide screen TV, 4-cup coffeemaker with caraffe (not the one-cup brewers that only fit the provided styrofoam cup), new/ modern bathroom fixtures. my only problem was I had a smoking room that smelled smokey. I did not recall having an option to request smoke-free room (I booked online) and even thought I read it was a smokefree hotel..which it is not. I may have misremembered. Hotel was full the first night (college homecoming weekend) and staff did offer a room change for the following day. I chose to keep the room I had though as my things already smelled of smoke after 1 night and I was comfortably settled in. I would stay at this hotel again, but if I book online I will make sure I request a smoke-free room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Diana. I would like to thank you again for saying with us and being a valued guest. I would like to invite you back with a 10 % off on your next visit with us. There is no expiration date on this offer and can only be honored at this location. We have made so many changes and improvements that I know you will appreciate. Looking forward to serving you went you are in the Mansfield Center, CT. area. Have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield Center
Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Red Roof Inn Vernon - Hartford
Comfort Suites- Norwich
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester

Been to Best Western Storrs? Share your experiences!