“Good food”
Review of Angellino's Restaurant - CLOSED

Angellino's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was much better than I expected for a restaurant within walking distance of the only hotel in town. I had the pasta fajolie soup and veal and shrimp in marinara sauce served over mashed potatoes. You won't go away hungry.

1  Thank Orange_Products

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Kids are UCONN so we were looking for a place for lunch. Angellino's seemed like a good choice off campus. Ordered a salad and a pizza. The pizza was ok but chewy and lacking in seasoning. The salad tasted like it wasn't properly washed. Bread, was good, onion soup a little salty. Rugs in a restaurant need to be replaced as they were dirty beyond cleaning.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

As others have written, plenty of food. I had lasagna with a caesar salad, the others had meatball parmigiana over spaghetti, angel hair and meatballs, and plain old spaghetti and meatballs.
All good, too much to finish. Meatballs could use a little more spice.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Living in NC and my son lives in CT, I wanted to find a comfortable restaurant for his wife and him as a Christmas present. I generally don't offer second hand information in my reviews. I think in this case everyone can appreciate it. My son gave me a play by play of his experience there and he does not exaggerate. I called around to some businesses in the Mansfield/Hartford area to see where people around there go out for a nice time, and several local people directed me to Angellino's in Mansfield about 20 minutes away from my son's home. Matt, the restaurant manager, helped me make all the arrangements and assured me my family would be well taken care of. Their website has the items on their menu except the specials. The kids were surprised when I told them I had made reservations and wished them Merry Christmas. They had never been to a Family Italian Restaurant (since my son was a child). These kids, by the way, are young professionals and are always busy with work or extra classes. Searching for restaurants is not something they take the time to do. Angellino's is not a tuxedo type restaurant. it is a nice, clean Italian restaurant that makes you feel at home. And that is exactly what they did. My son and daughter in law were made to feel very special as if they were family. They both tried different dishes and of course young lovers fed each other choice bits of their own. My son and daughter were literally ecstatic with the restaurant choice and fare. It's not a big chain restaurant like Red Lobster or Carrabas, (which are both fine restaurants). I was able to find a place that treated its customers a little more personably and to which my kids have returned a few more times since. It's their special place. There are 2 locations: Manchester and Vernon CT. Manchester telephone is: 860-450-7071 Hope you enjoy it as much as they did when you are near Hartford or Manchester CT. If Matt answers tell them Dennis from NC recommended them.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

A very quiet Wednesday afternoon for lunch, where we were setting my daughter up at neighboring UConn. I enjoyed a huge fish and chips and salad, my wife a chicken basil totelli and my daughter a panini, all abundant with thin house fries, mine also came with cole slaw and 2 great baskets of rolls and garlic bread. Everyone took home a doggie box, with at least half of their meal in it. Kyle was most attentive, speedy, accurate and congenial. A 22% tip didn't seem sufficient. I would have gone Italian, but we've been spending the last few days eating my wife's mothers Italian cooking at our house. We'll be back again, for sure.