“Poutine!”

Cuisines: American, French
Waterloo
“Poutine!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Where else are you going to get poutine in Connecticut? Et on peut parler français avec les serveueses.

You can get breakfast/diner type food anywhere, but it's their French Canadian options that made me go and I was very happy with the plain, ordinary poutine. I don't know that I would ever choose the other versions since I think that the original is best. I was also really happy with the French Meat Pie (tourtière) since that is something that my mother and grandmother used to make. I always choose that when I see it on a menu since I don't know when I will see it again.

Continuez le bon travail et n'enlevez jamais vos options québécoises de la carte! Vous offrez quelque chose exceptionnelle en comparison avec les autres options de la région.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank icunurok

Manchester, Connecticut
“Good diner”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Been going here for years. Classic diner food, well prepared, friendly/quick service. Large menu selection for breakfast. Not exactly "designer fancy" but somewhat adventurous with several French Canadian entries to liven up the menu. Also, daily lunch specials and soups including salmon pies, meat pies, sheperd's pie, and a variety of poutines. Large portions. Ample parking and well located (right off I84) on rte44.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Richard C
“Perfect northeast diner!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We googled for a breakfast place near us this morning and got this place. We couldn't be happier! Lovely, welcoming staff. Lots of locals in there but we didn't feel like we were intruding. Super clean! We had the eggs (scrambled and over easy) and they were perfect. So was the Canadian bacon and the French toast. Skip the Starbucks because they serve good, fresh ground coffee too! Don't miss this place for an amazing breakfast.

2 Thank Jennifer W
Hartford, Connecticut
“yummy breakfast”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had pancakes, French toast, bacon and sausage. All of it was delicious!! Very good coffee also. I cant wait to go again and try lunch. Sugar pie sounds interesting.

• Visited April 2014
Granby, Connecticut
“Great meal”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great food and service. Unique fare. Enjoyed a meal that I could not have guessed that I would try, let alone enjoy. I am of French decent and never had a meal as well prepared and great taste.

• Visited March 2014