“I'm sorry we passed by for so long and never stopped!”
Review of Chez Ben Diner

Chez Ben Diner
Ranked #15 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, French
East Hartford, Connecticut
“I'm sorry we passed by for so long and never stopped!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I must have passed this place hundreds of times and never thought about stopping. The outside isn't really inviting, probably because it is located so close to some commercial properties with lots of equipment outside. That was really a mistake. We got a SaveNowCT deal and decided to try it. We were very pleasantly surprised.

The interior is very nice and well kept. It was packed on a mid-Sunday morning, but we only had a short wait. The service was efficient and fast. We shared the coconut french toast and a Canadian omelet. Both were very tasty, and the portion size was very good. An added bonus for me - I enjoyed the coffee, which is not something I typically say at these breakfast places. I wasn't brave enough to try the many varieties of poutine, but maybe next time. We will be back.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank KDAA

The Villages, Florida
“Should have stayed chez moi”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The only reason I gave this eatery a 3 out of 5 was because the coffee and the sausage links were good. The turkey, bacon, tomato, cheese omelet was over-cooked and had a lack of filling. This was served with home fries - but only a couple tablespoons and the onions were barely cooked. The coconut french toast was a novel idea as was the real maple syrup( extra charge). I didn't mind paying extra for the syrup, but it was straight out of the refrigerator. Ice cold syrup on warm french toast...not a fan! The only thing colder was the room temperature. When we got there only a few tables had diners and they were already served. We waited an excessively long time for our food to come out of the kitchen.
The gal who waited on us( the only one there) was also cashiering. She was nice, but as more and more diners filled the restaurant, she was overwhelmed.
This was our first time at this restaurant..not sure what all the hype is about...we will not be back.

• Visited January 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
“I love the owner.”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The food is always fresh and delicious. The owner is always out and about talking to all the customers. Just very homie.I go there every chance I get.

Visited January 2013
Enfield, CT
“Yet Another Great Breakfast Place in Manchester!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Manchester really has more than its fair share of good breakfast places, and Chez Ben keeps that phenomenon going strong. From traditional breakfast foods to the French Canadian fare, everything is solid. It's not trendy in appearance, but you could take anyone here and have a satisfying experience.

I like meat pies, so I always get that. My husband raves about the Almond Joy french toast, which is fantastic and not as sweet as you might fear. Enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
Santa Rosa, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just like Home”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am from Quebec Canada.
It good to be able to eat good Canadian food. Like my mother made. Don't forget to eat
the Poutine ( Fries with gravy and cheese ) Very nice staff, good meeting place.

• Visited December 2012