“Satistying & fresh--great bargain!”
Review of Pastrami On Wry

Pastrami On Wry
Ranked #38 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Enfield, CT
“Satistying & fresh--great bargain!”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Pastrami on Wry is the perfect place for people who want an informal place to catch up while enjoying a crowd-pleasing (but not greasy) menu. Sandwiches take a starring role here, but there are also wraps, quesadillas, burgers, soups, and hot dogs. Those are all creatively themed and delicious, but I have to rave a bit about the salads. For $6-7.50, you get a HUGE portion of greens, jazzed up with lots of options.

I can't say enough about the pricing. Pretty much all meals are about $6-$8 and are a good value. You probably won't have leftovers, but you also don't have to worry about facing supersized portions. My husband and I always get our separate meals AND split a salad and the bill is $20.

Corey Wry is a Manchester success story--he currently has 3 restaurants and all are hopping. (In fact, that's probably the only downside to this review--the parking lot is small, and I've parked in the Wawa lot next door before.) In the menu, there are shout-outs to the locals, and he makes an effort to use CT suppliers and Hosmer Mountain Sodas. It's a great feeling to patronize a place that can help other CT businesses thrive through their own success--let's keep that going!

If you ever go to Catsup and Mustard's (his burger bar) and it's too busy (always for me, unfortunately), take 10 minutes and head up the road to Pastrami on Wry. Enjoy!

• Visited January 2012

Manchester, Connecticut
“OMG how did I live without this place?”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Finally got around to trying POW. It should be titled WOW!! Had the 'special" - a crock of corn chowder, half a turkey bacon with cheddar on grilled rye, slaw, pickle, and cuke and tomato salad. Everything was so fresh and so incredibly tasty. I am already planning my next lunch there - SOON!!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank moodymomma47
Easter Island, Chile
“Disappointed Customers found waitress and cleanlyness lacking”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stopped for a bite and it was 1:15 pm on Sunday. We were assured that they were still serving. Place was a little busy but it took forever for the waitress to come around and she didn't ask nicely what would you like to drink it was "What do you want?' The place looked dirty and went to restroom to wash hands and that was a disaster. The place needs a good scrubbing and my husband voiced his opinon to the waitress and she said she would inform the owner of his displeasure. I'm sure she didn't. My husband spotted the kitchen crew without gloves and he vowed not to return there.

Manchester CT
“Gross”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Went here for breakfast and ordered the "Ranchero"...which on the menu states that it comes wrapped in a tortilla and grilled. The server asked me what kind of toast I would like and I said an english muffin. When my breakfast came everything was piled up in some sort of sandwich on the english muffin. It looked like dog food. I didn't understand why she would substitute the tortilla for the english muffin, it was impossible to eat that way. After seeing the first try at breakfast I declined to make another order. Upon leaving I was informed that the manager insisted that I pay for the mess of the breakfast I was served even though I didn't take one bite. This added to the overall uncleanliness of the place, the cleaning supplies stored next to food and glassware along with the rude glances of other staff members after I declined to eat my "breakfast" and I will NEVER return to this place, nor would I refer anyone else to eat there. I have worked in customer service for several years and I have never told a customer that the manager insist that an unhappy patron, who did not eat the food pay. I had mixed reviews of this place and unfortunately I had to endure the rude, dirty and unwelcoming experience for myself to make a decision....never again. With the economy being as it is, you would think that small businesses would take the time to make sure they gain repeat customers.

Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“great sandwiches, decent prices”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

great sandwiches, decent prices, and airly fast, what more could you want from a sandwich shop?