“Smoke in the gym”

Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have stayed at several of the Marriot properties around the area, and while the hotel was fine, when I used the gym, cigarette smoke was coming into the workout room. I went to the front desk and informed them, and they said they would investigate.

The gym is on the ground level, and they have a separate air conditioning unit outside to cool the gym. This happens to be right next to where everyone smokes. I suspect that it was sucking in the smoke from the smokers. The rooms were fine, but this point put a big damper on my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank scott625nyc
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We want to apologize to you for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please accept our apology.
At Courtyard, we take great pride on making sure all of our guests are fully satisfied. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay a pleasant experience. Thank You

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I stay at this Courtyard when we go to Foxwoods casino. We find the hotel worth traveling a little extra because of the way the hotel is operated. Weather you use the facility for vacation head quarters, business, or just a stay over, you find the hotel immaculate, the rooms are clean and bright, but the staff here....simply wonderful. We are greeted weekly like family by Emmanuel every Saturday night late. He has extra pillows waiting, and couldn't be more helpful and friendly. He is a true service professional and you know he is genuine on all is deeds. No matter what my wife and I are in need for, he is leaping to help. Emmauuel is a true credit to Marriott.
The gym is well maintained, the rooms are always done perfectly by an amazing housekeeping staff...never in your way. The parking is easy, the hotel lobby is friendly if you have a lap top that needs attention. Basically, the General Manager sets the tone, and the rest of the staff follows. I travel the Country twice a month and stay only with Marriott. This property however, is just warm and friendly...and not a full service...don't need full service, you just need warm, friendly, efficient, safe and clean...and you get this with Courtyard Hartford Manchester.

Room Tip: Try and book a Jacuzzi room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mitch K

Thank You for taking the time to write us a review. Your kind words are truly appreciated. Emmanuel was pleased that you’re happy with his service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even better. Thank You again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Check in was fast and easy! Room very clean and decent size! Beds very comfy. Good shower. A great indoor pool, (on the small side).
Most employees average. Most friendly was Nicole at the breakfast / coffee bar. Food and Starbucks coffee in hotel were very good, but way overpriced! This hotel is surrounded by every retail store possible. Walking distance to TGI Fridays and Outback Steakhouse.
I would recommend , and stay here again!!

Stayed: March 2014
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank You for taking your time to write us a review. We hope you had a great stay. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Thank You Again.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel is in a good location near dining, shopping etc. The room was comfortable and quiet and I would stay there again if I am in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed starbucks which is just down the street, and dinner at outback across the street was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It gives us great joy when our guest have the perfect stay. We appreciate your kind words.
If there is anything else we can do, please let us know. Once again, Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I've stayed at this property before and it's always been average. Everything is cosmetically updated, but there's still a very stale smell to the place.

This time around I was stuck in a room directly across from the elevator which didn't make me too happy. It was quite loud. The room was a good size. However, the heat made a ton of noise, I actually had to turn it off to get some sleep. The bed also wasn't overly comfortable which is surprising because typically Courtyards are pretty good.

Overall it's an okay place to stay. Not many other good options in the area either so it's a tough one!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jewel1356
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank You for taking your time to write us a review. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. At Courtyard Marriott we try to provide each and every guest a perfect stay. Unfortunately this wasn't the case with you.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to regain your trust in our service.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was very impressed with the front desk Supervisor who name is Falgun Bhatt. He really took the time to listen to my severe allergies & placed me in a room that was not sprayed with chemicals & totally allergy free. The hotels I have stayed in recently in the Mystic CT area did not take that extra step as Falgun did for me. Kudo's to this staff member. Nice, clean, & a safe hotel. I enjoyed the hotel that will be coming back next weekend.

Room Tip: Real Nice hotel. Room is very clean & updated.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Hartford Manchester was enjoyable.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very clean and friendly staff. All the typical Courtyard "things", but what set my stay apart from other hotels was the friendly helpful staff. In particular Caitlin was warm and friendly. Her advice and helpful comments made you feel like being at home even though the weather was very cold and inhuman.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for you positive comments. It gives us great joy that we make your stay delightful. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better. Thank You!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Hartford Marriott Downtown

Been to Courtyard Hartford Manchester? Share your experiences!