“Excellent Stay at the Courtyard”

Courtyard Hartford Manchester
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very clean and friendly staff. All the typical Courtyard "things", but what set my stay apart from other hotels was the friendly helpful staff. In particular Caitlin was warm and friendly. Her advice and helpful comments made you feel like being at home even though the weather was very cold and inhuman.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for you positive comments. It gives us great joy that we make your stay delightful. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better. Thank You!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This Courtyard is typical for a Courtyard with the open lobby area together with the lounge and market (which I like), and with the standard rooms a smaller, boxy size (which I don't like).

I decided to stay here given that most of the hotels in Hartford were booked for the night, and it's only a convenient 10 min ride to/from downtown Hartford. Plus the rate on a weeknight is very good. The hotel is situated in an area in Manchester surrounded by several stores/malls. In fact, in the drive over from 84, all you see is stores and malls and restaurants. This Courtyard is next to a Fridays.

The 2 staff I encoutered were friendly and answered any question I had, and you can treat yourself to some free popcorn in the lobby. There was also a pool and a workout area nearby on the 1st floor that seemed nice although I didn't use either.

My average rating is for the rooms. The standard size room at a Courtyard just seems too small with a boxy feel to it. In addition, the sheets/blankets on the bed were just too thin and the bathroom towels were too thin as well, which is not ideal when you are in CT in December.

I would consider staying here again, but probably wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your comment, that will help us to fix and improve our service. Our goal is to provide a perfect service.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great job on the renovations. Rooms and new lobby came out great. Booked a room as a treat for the kids , they got to go away and have fun playing in the pool and hot tub. The place was super clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are glad to hear that your kids had a great time during your recent stay. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight on a recent business trip. I am a frequent business traveler, preferring Marriott and Hyatt brand hotels. Courtyards overall tend to be a little variable - and this is definitely a better one. The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful, the room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Size of the room was great and the lobby, coffee area was spacious and well lit. The soundproofing could do with a bit of an upgrade, but that's really the only thing I could find to improve. I will stay here again when my travels take me this way. Very close to the mall and many dining options if you want that.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott in Manchester, CT and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience. We are very pleased you found our location and friendly staff accommodating to your travel needs.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better on your next visit.
Thank You!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for almost a year now. The courteous service from Rosie, Alyssa, Manny, Falgun, and Heather, at the front desk is beyond compare. The delightful mornings with Michelle, Nicole, & Anna in the Bistro have made my stay a wonderful experience. The food is excellent. The rooms are clean and the staff is very nice. The location is great with two malls, good restaurants, Rave Cinemas, and the nearby highway. You all are the best!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank You!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Every stay at this hotel has been excellent. The staff is friendly and very accommodating to my needs and suggestions. At the front desk, Emmanuel Parpado always greets me by name and has my room ready in minutes. No waiting in long lines or multiple forms to complete during registration. The manager of housekeeping, Heather Lodge, runs a tight ship and the rooms are always immaculate. Of all the hotels in the area, this is the one I choose every time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We appreciate every bit of feedback from our guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband, 5-year old and infant on a Friday night on our way from New York City to Boston. As Marriott Courtyards go, I have stayed at nicer ones. Our room was clean, but the bathroom was outdated and it did not have a mini fridge, which many other Courtyard Marriott's provide. The pool was clean but small. A piece of the elevator wall was ripped off. Overall the hotel was okay, but not one I would stay at again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
James M, Manager at Courtyard Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Hartford Marriott Downtown
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester

Been to Courtyard Hartford Manchester? Share your experiences!