“Great Thai restaurant in downtown Manchester”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sukhothai Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Vernon, Connecticut
“Great Thai restaurant in downtown Manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Everything is great at sukhothai! Awesome pad Thai, drunken noodle, 3 flavor chicken and shrimp, mango fish, and Thai iced tea and coffee! The wait staff is very nice! Gugai is quite a character! Highly recommended!

Vernon, Connecticut
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We always enjoyed Sukhothai but haven't been there in a long time. However when they were featured on SaveNowCt we decided to buy the coupon and see what we had missed. Surprisingly the first words out of the waitress mouth was "did we have a coupon". This has never happened at any other restaurant where we purchased a SaveNowCT coupon. I ordered Panang Duck ($18.95), one of the most expensive items on the menu. I was extremely disappointed. The portion of duck was small and consisted of strips aprrox. 1/4" thick.and were mostly skin, fat and and a little duck. The taste was average at best. The restaurant was relatively crowded, however our food was out to us in a flash. I hate to say it, but both me and my spouse thought the same thing. Because we had a coupon, did we not get the best Sukhothai has to offer? One of our friends knows we like Thai food and they bought us a gift coupon. I quess we'll get another chance to try Sukhothai.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank cgull18
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I ate here 7 months ago when visiting and made my way from the airport back for another delicious meal. I was really hungry so I started off with spring rolls which were served bite-size and fried. Wish they served a thick peanut sauce and they weren't fried but the the thick jelly type sauce was flavorful. Not a lot of filling in the rolls. Massaman curry and scoop of rice filled me up so no dinner later was necessary. No pineapple in curry but nonetheless it was satisfying. Service was swift and the restaurant had a healthy flow of customers despite in being a late lunch. Love supporting great local restaurants.

• Visited February 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
“Coconut soup is a must! YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

After 12 hours of travel to see my first grandchild! I had to eat and my son knew just where to go. The restaurant is located on quaint Main street and is quite clean with white table clothes, etc... We were at the tail end of the lunch hour so we had the place to ourselves = attentive wait staff who were enamored with my 11 day old grand daughter. I had coconut soup with tofu at the recommendation of my son's girlfriend - wow was it good, even with the scorching temperatures outdoors. The soup was chock full of fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and tofu. I also had satay off the appetizer menu which came with a vinegar based peanut sauce and a cucumber carrot vinegar sauce. Both were good, though I prefer a creamer peanut sauce. Delicious and a good value. Liz had fried wontons and from the looks, the oil needed to be changed - asking about the oil something I do with frequency at a local favorite restaurant to avoid disappointing calamari, I digress. My son's Pad Thai he said was better than usual. It looked fresh with plenty of bean sprouts and peanuts. The food was delicious, staff was attentive with ensuring we had what we needed including plenty of water and the bill was reasonable.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank kthomasva
harford ct
“Great food and service in a unassuming little center of manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

I had visited this restaurant on a few occasions and cannot say enough good things about it. The food is outrageously good and I have never met a waitstaff that were friendlier and seemed to be genuinely happy to have us there!

• Visited May 2011