“steak em”

upstate ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“steak em”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The meal was probably the best I have ever had eating out. The price was great there was a wait because everyone wants to eat but it was twenty minutes, and they do make up for that. The portiion size is amazing and the wait staff was great

Visited September 2012

Ridge, New York
“Consistently Good Chain”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having had a good experience in other Texas Roadhouse locations, we opted to drive a bit from where we were staying to go to this one. My boyfriend got the chicken and ribs, his usual choice, and was quite happy with them. I got the filet Mignon medallions, and two were very good, one was a bit on the fatty side, but since I was pretty full at that point, there was still enough for me and I didn't complain about it. Service was quick and our server was attentive and fun. We'll continue to patronize Texas Roadhouse when on the road since we've been impressed with the consistently good food, service and pricing.

• Visited September 2012
Columbia, Connecticut
“they've really gone down hill”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We used to eat here all the time because of the consistently good food and good service. I just returned yesterday after a 6 month break because the last few times had been really poor. We waited over 10 min for our waiter to come over and then another 10 to receive our drinks and the bread. The food was mediocre. After leaving, my son realized he left his retainer on the table. I called to ask if the buzzer maybe had seen it and the person I spoke to had absolutely no interest in helping me. This is not somewhere we plan to ever return to.

1 Thank caroline1851
Toronto
“For the love of steak”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I went to Texas Roadhouse while in Manchester, CT this past week. We went at 5:30 and the place was already packed. First thing you see is a display case full of steaks. You can choose your own if you want to. I didn't know what the prices were so I opted to go with the menu. I had rib steak and ribs combo and I have to say that the steak was excellent - done just the way I wanted it and extremely tender and tasty. The ribs were fall off the bone, just like they promised. The sides were ok. Service was excellent and the beer is ice cold.

There was one hitch - it's so noisy in there you can hardly hear yourself speak. I understand that later in the evening and on weekends they do singing and cowboy dances so that must really add to the noise level.

If you don't mind a really noisy environment, then the steaks are worth it. If noise is an issue, don't go there!

• Visited July 2012
Andover, Massachusetts
“Tasteless chain food”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Just take your money to a real steakhouse and avoid the bland chain. The steaks are okay at best. Sides are lackluster and service is detached. There are better places to eat.