WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Loved the Mansion Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mansion Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Mansion Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Manchester B&B and Inns
West Bloomfield
“Loved the Mansion Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2008

The bed and breakfast was very nice,loved the history of the home.We stayed in the Rose Suite which was very spacious..The breakfast was great and the owner Bruce made sure our stay was perfect.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Annandale
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

This B & B was terrible, outdated and not charming at all! The shower/tub did have lots of mold, so there was no bath for me that night. The mattress was very tired out and we sank to the center of the bed. Also there were lots of notes around the room stating what to use and what not to use and how to use it. The room was dark and cluttered, this place was way over priced for the terrible room and the breakfast was beyond words...horrible...frozen pancakes that were cooked in a microwave, I could not get out of there fast enouph!!!!!! for $110. They should pay us to stay there!

A note to the owners, it takes money to make money...buy new towels and some new mattresses, nice people but you are in the wrong business

J & J from NJ we stayed there summer 2007

Stayed May 2006
2 Thank Enyanights

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

new hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2007

The weekend we spent here was certainly an experience. Of slight concern was the early breakfast time. More disturbing was the mold in the bathroom - my husband and I almost bought a new shower curtain while we were out! (see photo)
And then there were the notes! Everywhere there were pretty little notes insulting the intelligence/manners of the average B&B guest. For example "please remember to take precautions before going to bed if you are incontinent or have female problems" or "rust stains can irreversibly damage a white washcloth - please do not plug the drain with the washcloths." (first of all - should there be rust? and second of all if the drain plug doesn't work.....) The place was nicely furnished, Bruce was surely a knowledgeable host, and breakfast was delicious. For the price, I would expect a professional cleaning staff for the bathrooms, and a budget for new washcloths every once in a while if they get ruined.....

• Liked — nice location, interesting history
  • Disliked — lack of clean bathroom
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jljab
New Cumberland, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2007

I stayed at the Mansion Inn on March 14, 2007. It was my first experience at a Bed and Breakfast and I would definitely try one again.

Bruce is a nice host and knows a lot about the history of the town and the history of the house itself. The house is decorated quite nicely and is very spacious. The room I stayed in, The Lilac Suite, was very nice, with a queen size bed, a couch, fireplace, a small study and a private bath. The water pressure in the shower was great. The tub/shower itself seemed pretty narrow. IOverall, the suite was very comfortable and plenty big enough.

Somewhere I had read about a reviewer complaining about the little notes all over the mansion, and there are many framed notes throughout the room and the house with "rules" about what to do and not to do. I actually found them entertaining to read, and wondered what previous guests had done to make it necessary to frame these rules!

There is a tea/coffee machine on the 2nd floor, which I didn't use but it was a nice touch. Breakfast was lovely...served on a nice tray in the beautiful dining room. Since I was the only guest, other than the owner's sister, Bruce asked me what I wanted and made me oatmeal and fruit, and some coffee.

I was on a business trip to speak about virtual assisting to Manchester Community College, and the Mansion Inn was very convenient to the town. I also felt safer there than when I stay in hotels. I would definitely stay there if I ever needed to stay overnight in Manchester again.

Excellent value for your dollar and more relaxing than a hotel.

• Liked — Safety, security, home-type atmosphere
  • Disliked — no luggage assistance
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank HiddenHelper