“Consistently our favorite restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cavey's Restaurant

Cavey's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cavey's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Consistently our favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The owner, Steve, is passionate about food, wine and people, creating a most welcoming atmosphere and always an outstanding meal for us. The ingredients used are local and always fresh. Cavey's ability to create the most sumptuous polenta to saltimbocca never cease to amaze us. We find the meals very reasonably priced.

Visited April 2013

conn
“NOT WORTH GOING BACK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had gone to dinner there on a holiday... The staff was not up to par... Our order took for ever to get to the table. By the time it did, it was cold and when we were leaving we couldn't find the waitress anywhere. Come to find out she had left for the night, no one had any idea of what we ordered as they couldn't find out check, so we are now trying to repeat to the manager what we had so that we could pay the bill and leave. Try it at your own expense.

1 Thank johnnybgood1959
Hebron, CT
“Wine Tasting Tuesday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I went to Cavey's our favorite area restaurant last Tuesday for a wine tasting. We experienced five wines and five complimenting small plates for $28. All were good, but the last two wine were only O.K. We had a good time and plan to go again. See you there.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank KenanneHebron_CT
ct
“Delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The many times i have been at Cavey's i have not been disappointed. The food was great, flavorful and hot and the service enjoyable. Some nights there is music either piano or acoustic guitar which makes the atmosphere lovely. I would definitely return!

• Visited February 2013
Connecticut
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I dined at the French restaurant on Valentine's Day. We had been to Cavey's a few times before, 10-15 years ago. The first thing I noticed is that I don't think they've changed the carpet, wall coverings, or chairs since that time. The carpet and walls looked worn, ripped, and dirty. I've always thought that the downstairs dining area was a little odd, like eating in someone's basement. There is no view other than the tired wall coverings.

On Valentine's Day, they served a set menu. My wife had the fish, which she enjoyed, although she was unimpressed with the endive salad. Since I flat-out refuse to eat anything with foie gras, and the risotto dish didn't sound very interesting, I opted for the pork dish which featured three different small (emphasis on small) preparations. Now, I know that French cuisine tends to feature small portions. Believe me, I get that. I've had my share of French cuisine in my life, but I've never had a portion as small as what I had during that meal. Literally, I could have eaten all of the pork on my plate in four bites. It had to be the most expensive per-ounce pork I've ever eaten. I could have tolerated the small portion if the quality was exceptional, but it wasn't. It was average, a bit bland, and a little on the dry side. Tremendously disappointing. Desserts were so-so. Honestly, I've had better at the Whole Foods bakery, which is where I was wishing we had gone by the end of the meal.

The service was good, but a little too folksy for my liking. The wait staff were friendly, but from the way they spoke with us, I felt like I could have been eating at Applebees rather than a fine French restaurant. They were pleasant, but they weren't stellar ... especially since one of them initially brought our dishes to the wrong table. They should do their customers a favor and try to be a little more classy. Speak passionately about the menu and wine selections, throw a few French phrases in now and then, PERFORM for your customers. It's the least that could be done for a $230 check before tip.

I think this restaurant has become complacent in the years since our last visit. They seem to take it for granted that you will be impressed with their dining experience. We were not. They need to recommit themselves to doing better.

• Visited February 2013