“Italian Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cavey's Restaurant

Cavey's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cavey's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Connecticut USA
“Italian Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have been here many times and the food is always good. Service is always spectacular...Jess and Robin do a great job in the bar area. Last week we tried the tasting menu which was great. A couple of the courses could have been a little more warm, but all in all a great meal.
One thing, please Steve update the bathrooms! They are awful for a restaurant like yours. Theres an ashtray still bolted to the wall and the wallpaper looks like it's straight from the early 80's.

Western Mass
“Good, but not excellent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

After waiting for years, my first evening at Cavey's (Italian) was a reality. Apparently, it is typical to wait for a half hour for your table when you have a reservation. Waited at the bar area, but it didn't feel all that welcoming. Had a glass of wine there; it almost felt like we were forgotten, but our table did come. Our waitress was excellent and helped me pair my phenomenal entree of braised beef with lentil with a delicious wine. This was the best part of the evening. The salad and pasta dishes (before main course) were disappointing and not very filling. However, the braised beef and a 5-star chocolate cake dessert more than made up for it. But I was expecting everything to be fantastic; it may take a second trip, but that the place is pricey and I live more than half hour away, I don't think I will be returning soon. I was impressed with the service; it was just perfect. However, the old world old money atmosphere here is simply not my scene, although I can see why many go here for special celebrations.

Ellington, Connecticut
“Good service, food was too fancy for us wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I have been to alot of resturants some fancy and some just normal. Caveys was pretty foofy if i had to descrive it. The muscles app was good and the meals were Ok but it was all way over the top. On the way home we had stomach aches i dont know why maybe the food was too rich or fatty i dont know. I personally wouldnt go back although our waitress was great

Enfield, Connecticut
“Haven't tried downstairs ... YET”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have eaten at the upstairs Italian restaurant in the past and I have to say I was extremely impressed. The service was impeccable - courteous and attentive without being intrusive. The atmosphere was classy and elegant. The food was terriffic. I got what I expected from what I ordered on the menu and not some crazy twisted up "gourmet" version of Chicken Picatta where you couldn't recognize that's actually what you ordered. Meat was perfectly cooked and still tender. Sauces were perfectly balanced.
The ambiance was romantically quiet... l would definitely dine here again.
Now I am dying to try the French restaurant downstairs too!

New britain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rancid hummus and rude service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

The red pepper hummus tasted rancid and made me sick later that evening:(

Also, the waiter who was serving us was slightly rude when I pointed out that he was overcharging me for the antipasto plate I had ordered.

Overall, not impressed, which is sad since I'd been wanting to try Cavey's for a few years.

• Visited December 2012