“Average pizza, not worth going out of your way for”

Randy's Wooster Street Pizza
Ranked #76 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Pizza
Boston
“Average pizza, not worth going out of your way for”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Disappointed overall
Only came here because it was featured on food network
Found the pizza to be very average with below average service and pricing

Fried pickles app was well above average and huge portion

Usually I love coal or brick oven pizza crust but this crust lacks flavor and the red sauce I did not care for
Joe Pepi pizza is far superior

If it were local to me I might return but definitely nothing special enough about this place to make it worth returning

“Three Thumbs Up. It Lives Up to the Hype!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm a big Man v. Food fan and we decided to take a 2 hour ride on a beautiful autumn day to find Randy's Wooster Street Pizza. We had no intention of trying the Man v Food's Challenger, but I love an oven roasted pie. Fortunately, I'd seen the outside on the MvF episode, so I wasn't surprised to see it in a strip mall (had I just driven by I wouldn't have paid a mind to it). Don't let this get you down. As you walk in you'll see the "Wall of Shame" referenced on the episode and the decor is very "Hot Wheels" - a boy's paradise.

We were sat a booth. The servers, younger ladies, were just so-so. Their attitude almost made us feel that we were interrupting them.

I'd seen a menu on line and thought that we were limited to pizza and soda (thought it was a dry pizzeria). We were pleasantly surprised to discover that they do serve items other than pizza (wings, sandwiches) AND beer and wine. So, we ordered a beer and a pinot grigio.

We placed an order for hot wings and a pepper, onion and pepperoni small pie. We also asked for a light cook (you do get the option of the "doneness"). We were served the wings pretty quickly. Well, one thing we discovered was that you don't come here for the wings. Just so, so and actually had a slightly off flavor. Not a bad flavor at all, just different than what we expected.

The pizza arrived shortly thereafter and it was THE BEST. Nicely done crust. Thin, thin, thin. But the sauce was to die for. The pizza was worth the hype.

Prices for the pizza were a little high, but to me it was worth it given the experience. The PLUS??? The beer and wine were inexpensive! $4 for a beer and $4.50 for a nice pour of wine.

• Visited October 2012
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Really Good Pizza, Great Family Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We love Randy's Wooster St. Pizza. Its a thin crust, with plenty of toppings. As the menu explains, it's cooked in a brick oven so that will get the crust a really crispy, so we always order a 'light bake' pizza. Appetizer of fried pickles is great too, it seems expensive but I think it is a whole jar of pickles. We get the large pizza and there is always some to take home.

• Visited June 2012
Farmington, Connecticut
“Great food, great service, fun for the family”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Randy's has always been a favorite place of mine, but now that I have kids, we love it even more. The Hotwheels themed walls, floors, etc, make every kid happy. The food is yummy (my favorite is the Natural pizza-light bake, and the Wooster Stix)- the kids menu is great-The pizza is always consistent here which I appreciate and the service is always very good. We especially love Thursday Family Fun night where there are clowns, balloons, and facepainting for the kiddos. Randy's offers lots of specials on different days.

• Visited April 2012
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“The pizza was okay, but the atmosphere was totally worth it!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Me and my family went to that pizza place yesterday. We got seated at a dining table with cars inside! The waitress came right away to take our orders. Then I took a glance at the menu, free refills! I thought this place was as crappy as McDonald's! (By the way this place is way better) Anyway, after that I stole some balloons from near the entrance, then came back. Our drinks were already there, and the lady said our order would be here soon. I saw cars on the wall and then I ran into an arcade! The games I played were very fun... :). I liked the hotwheel toy cars inside the table also. After all of that, the waitress came with the pizza! How quick! It was really cheap too! (Well maybe not, but...) It was totally worth it. We only spent like 45 min. or less! The one in Manchester for all I know is really cheap, tasty, good atmosphere, and real quick! By the way the crust was burnt, the pizza was hard to eat, but I loved it.

• Visited March 2012