“Surprising facts from a chain”
Review of Ruby Tuesday - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ruby Tuesday
Cuisines: American
connecticut
“Surprising facts from a chain”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Our server was courteous, prompt, and attentive. We had our first lunch there since we were waiting for our car serviced at Sears. We had iced tea with our meals. Our server was attentive and gave us seconds. I ordered seafood Cajun with tilapia and shrimp with roasted spaghetti squash. The squash was disappointed as it was not roasted and crunchy. I had to use the tasty sauce to eat with the squash. My husband ordered the prime burger which he was happy. I saw a male employee checking on the salad bar to replenish items. I was pleasantly impressed that the salad bar had a healthy selection from the usual salad choices of lettuces, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. It also includes fresh green peas, endameme peas, pasta, ham, bacon bits, nuts, etc. It was an overall great eating experience. keep up the good work! This is what I look for.

Massachusetts
“Poor representation of a great chain”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

First, it's important for me to say that we absolutely adore the Ruby Tuesday chain. We will go out of our way when driving to look up where the closest Ruby Tuesday is. That's how we ended up at this Manchester one. We happened to be in the area shopping for kayaks and on the way home we naturally tried to figure out where to get to a Ruby Tuesday.

This is located in a mall system, around the back side. Once you park, if you come in from the street entrance, you have to walk through the restaurant to get to the "inside the mall" entrance in order to get seated. We were greeted promptly and brought to our seat.

And waited.

Eventually a waitress came over to take our orders. I asked for a bottle of one of their mid-range whites. She then asked, five ounce or eight ounce? So she wasn't really listening. My boyfriend drinks a fair amount of Diet Coke with his meal so to make it easier on the server he asks for a small plate of lemons/limes right at the start so the server and do easy refills without worrying about those. Every other Ruby Tuesday we've been in has understood the idea and been grateful for the help. This server heard the request and brought him a small plate with 2 lemons on it. I think she didn't quite get the point.

So we headed over to the salad bar. The salad bar is a key reason we adore the Ruby Tuesday chain. It's the perfect way to start the meal. But unfortunately they don't seem to take care of the salad bar at the Manchester location. Several things were completely empty. It hadn't been cleaned recently. With the salad bar being an important part of the Ruby Tuesday experience, it was quite a shame.

I had the salmon, and he had a chicken dish, both with spaghetti squash. Again, spaghetti squash is something we've had at many other Ruby Tuesdays. We know what the dish is supposed to be like. Whoever made this spaghetti squash had been very lazy. It was dry and crusty. Apparently we got the "corner pieces" that were in solid chunks with burned parts. This really shouldn't have been served out to customers.

And our waitress was extremely slow. My boyfriend sat without anything to drink for most of his meal. Luckily as I'd gotten a bottle of wine I didn't have this issue. And yes, Connecticut lets you bring the remainder of your bottle home, so that's a good thing.

Yes, I adore Ruby Tuesdays in general, and I like the menu offerings and salad bar. But the Manchester Ruby Tuesday in particular doesn't seem to live up to the many other branches we've eaten at. The salad bar has issues. The main meals have issues. The service had issues. And to top it off, while we were there someone did a poor job of mopping the floor near our table, without drying it off. This made the floor extremely slick.

I would much rather eat at the Olive Garden around the corner, and have their endless salad, rather than deal with the issues I've seen here again.

• Visited July 2012
The Villages, Florida
“Average food...friendly service”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

It was nice to have a coupon... the salad bar was the best part of the meal - very good balsamic vinaigrette dressing- everything on the bar was fresh and plentiful.
The Baja Chicken Quesadilla was a combination of spicy chicken ( not much of it) with grilled peppers and onions, cheese, and chile lime sauce( on the side) . The peppers totally overpowered the dish - way too many peppers! It was okay, not great.
The Buffalo Chicken Minis are just that....mini. The fried chicken bite on the bun seemed a bit artificial. They came with fries. We asked if we could substitute sweet potato fries. The server said no problem. You don't find out about the up-charge until the bill comes. Our fault for not reading every line on the menu - the server's fault for not informing us.
The food was just average!

• Visited February 2012
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Consistently good”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We eat here on a regular basis and food and service are always top notch. They update the menu periodically and discount coupons can often be obtained online. I like their chicken chili soup in particular.

Visited February 2012
Montreal, Canada
“good salad bar - some healthy menu options”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was the usual Ruby Tuesdays... some calorie counts are listed and helpful. Food was fine and the salad bar unlimited.

1 Thank cohenprof