“Test the Market!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Met friend for lunch, had typical Caesar salad with chicken, nothing special in taste. Waitress took exceptionally long in getting our bill. Might check it out again at night to see if different experience. Ok atmosphere, looking like lower end sports bar, again nothing special. Kind of on the edge location compared to where the action/shopping is.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice restaurant. Very nice staff. The restaurant is adjacent to Buckland Mall right off exit 62.It has a very good menu with plenty of options,entrees,small plates, sandwiches,burgers.. We both had entrees which we enjoyed. The food was well priced,and very good for both of us. Had a nice selection of wine and beer to choose from. The decor was well done and it was just a nice experience. Much preferred over chain restaurants like Applebee's,Chili's etc.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I agree with many of the other reviews written on TripAdvisor regarding the poor service. We ordered omelets for brunch, and upon receiving them it came to our attention that we didn't receive what we had ordered. When we asked the waiter if we had received the correct omelets, he replied that we had even after we questioned why certain ingredients weren't the same as listed on the menu. Plus, the waiter did not seem to really care. After reviewing the menu again, we realized that the order was in fact incorrect. I'm appalled that the waiter was able to lie. This error and lack of accountability is more pronounced considering certain family members aren't able to eat certain foods.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been to The Market Grille a couple of times now. The food has been ok. The service has been terrible and the Management does nothing at all to try to bring you back.
My wife and I shared a bowl of chowder. It was very good ! We had ordered a couple of burgers and fries. Burgers are great here, if you get them. We waited close to 1/2 hour for burgers after we finished our chowder. The server came by the table twice in that time and appoligized for the delay on the burgers and they would be out "soon". When someone else delivered the food he also appoligized for the delay. No one ever came back to the table to see if everything was ok or if we needed anything, or even to refill waters. My burger was hot, but my wifes was barely luke warm and overcooked. Fries are very good too, when they are hot.
After finishing our burgers we still had to wait almost 15 mins for the server to bring a check. Knowing that they were exceptionally late in serving and after hearing our complaints, the full check was left for us.
After explaining to the server that we were quite surprised that they hadn't even offered to comp something on the check I asked for the manager. She left to go see what she could do. After 10-15 mins I had to go looking for her. She did offer to remove the soup. Big deal !!
The Manager was just as useless when I explained what we experienced and left her an opening to try to accomadate us and keep us coming back but she was more concerned with making excuses and had no intention of making an attempt to keep us.
Needless to say, I am very upset on how we were treated as customers.
Did I happen to mention that I spent over 30 years in food and beverage with Hilton Hotels.

1  Thank Ken K
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Helmar and the Mill Group have done it again. This weekend was my third trip to the Grill, and it just keeps getting better. First of all, an execellent selction of boutique gins to satisfy the palate of any Martini Connoisseur, and they were kind enough to bring a tatst of a new gin for me to decide the best route ( I went with the 209 ).

In the past, I've had the mains, but we went tapas style last night with salands and a few appetizers, watching the sun set over the city, it was fantastic. Adding to their attention to detail as the sun dropped below the horizon, the heat came on and we stayed comfortable until the last drop was drink, and the last morsel was consumed.

The inside is well done, and in the other types of New England weather, its quite enjoyable, but with spring upon us and summer to come, I hope I will be able to get a table !!

Hats off to Helmar and the Mill Group. By George, you've done it again..KUDOs