“Tasty selections”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Hartford, Connecticut
“Tasty selections”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The MArket Grille in Manchester is in the former HOPS restaurant location at Buckland Mall. It is totally revamped and really unrecognizable from the old brew style eatery. All for the better.

The dining room is comfortable but not huge compared to some other places. Advise to get reservations even on weekdays to make sure.
The food was very good and varied. Something for everyone. It falls in the range between comfort food and cuisine. I liked it a lot and would return for sure. Staff were helpful and quick.
I had the scallops which were excellent. My wife's Wahoo fish was a bit over cooked and the shrimp jambalaya was ok. Favorite was the peel yourself shrimp appetizer. I didn't try it but the salads looked huge.

South Windsor, Connecticut
“Great View”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is another restuarant in the Mill Group whose signature place is Mill on the River in South Windsor. This one recently opened after an extensive remodeling in the place formerly occupied by Hops. Prices are on the high side. We were there on Valentines Day for lunch. The place was busy, but we were seated promptly and did not have a reservation. We ordered sandwiches. I had a Philly Cheese Steak and my wife a Reuben. Both were good although I don't think Philly has to worry. We had a quinoa salad with it which was sprinkled with pomegranate seeds. We shared a dessert, bananas foster, which was very nice. Our waitress was very attentive and pleasant. We liked it, but were not overwhelmed.

“Poor Service”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Tried this place on Feb 1st 5:30 pm and will not ever be back.

Our waiter was very unfriendly, got the impression it was an effort to serve us...4 women. First of all were seated in a corner that was so dark we needed to download the flashlight app on the Iphone to read the menu. Asked the waiter for assistance in choosing a wine. All he did was point to the menu...wasn't that a help!? The appetizer order came out wrong, a beverage was incorrect, 2 of the 3 entree's were not correct, (no price adjustment either for missing item..shrimp) ,asked for more water...never got it, waiter never came back to ask it we wanted more coffee, dessert came minus the ice cream. When this was mentioned was told "we're out of that kind." but did go back and bring about 3TBS of another. This was a Friday night?

Upon leaving we asked the hostess if we could speak to the manager. He was in the bar area chatting with a women at the bar. The hostess approached him twice he looked our way and continued to chat. So obviously he did not care about his customers. My thought on the drive home was maybe because we weren't young 20 somethings we were not a valued customers.

Bottom line is if you want high priced food., messed up orders and uncaring/inattentive staff then this place is for you. Needless to say we will not be back. I will be surprised if this place survives. They need a major staffing overhaul. The only plus was the burger I had was good.

1 Thank Msrek5
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
“lousy service”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Just came back from dinner at the Market Grille in Manchester, CT.
We had reservations for 5:15pm for 4 people.
The wait staff was less than friendly. Several meals came out not prepared as ordered. One appetizer; 2 entrees, and one dessert not prepared as ordered. The waiter never stopped by to refresh coffees.
We asked to speak to the GM and saw the Hostess tell him we wanted to speak with him. He never stopped chatting with a young girl he was talking to despite the Hostess letting him know a second time we were waiting.
We know mistakes can happen - but a customer should never have to ask the wait staff when told an order is wrong to bring another dish as ordered. A customer shouldn't have to pick items off a meal when the waiter was asked to omit them from the order.
Between the inaccurate orders and the GMs lack of addressing a customers concerns we will never return to Market Grille in Manchester

Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice Ambience”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just checked this place out. Liked the over all feel, great lighting. There is an outdoor fireplace & bar which I'm sure is a lot of fun in the warmer months. We had cocktails, they were ok, but out of their blackberry infused Onyx drink. I think this place has a lot of promise. They just need to step up their flavors a bit. I had the white bean soup, wished they used an immersion blender & made creamier. Also had the arugula salad. It was good but needed a bit more feta cheese. Trued my friends stuffed quahog, stuffing has bacon, I'm used to traditional Portuguese stuffed quahogs with linguica. I would definitely go back & give it another try.

• Visited January 2013