“Greasy and Salty and fingerprints on the plates”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 199 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“Greasy and Salty and fingerprints on the plates”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been to other Longhorn Steakhouses with family and friends before, and have enjoyed the meals and service. Not at this one in Manchester, CT.

We ordered the Wild West Shrimp as an appetizer....yuck!! they were the tiny little frozen shrimp fried and way, I mean way greasy. We couldn't really even eat them, they were really gross. My meal of steak tips was extremely salty and the sauce they are in very strong and it actually detracted from the steak. My husbands dish was covered in greasy finger prints so much that it turned him off from even wanting to eat his meal. The service was slow. I was really disappointed for having spent over $50, assumed it was just like the other longhorns I had been to before. We weren't going to eat expensive that day, just get a bite somewhere, but then I had the idea of spoiling my husband since it was nearby to the errands we had to run. I am sorry I made such a bad decision, and honesty wish I had the money back, it wasn't worth it. My mouth is still bothering me from how salty and greasy the food was.

• Visited June 2013

“Horrible service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Went for a work dinner with 9 coworkers. They couldn't have been slower or more u prepared. The restaurant was empty and it was no wonder why. Shame because I like this chains food but wouldn't go back to this location based on service.

• Visited March 2013
North West Ct
“A nice Lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stopped in for lunch durring the week. The food was good and fresh. The portion was just right. The staff was very helpfull. I would like to see one of these closer to where I live.

• Visited March 2013
Bristol, Connecticut
“Great meal specials”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Today my husband and I had lunch at the Longhorn Steakhouse before seeing a movie. They are running a 2 for $25 meal special. Since we joined their online club we also had a free dessert.. Their special included 1 dessert or appetizer, 2 entrees with 2 salads and 1 side. This was a great value especially with our additional dessert. The service was excellent, and the food was hot and tasty. The meal deal portions were big enough for us to have our leftovers boxed and baggged to take home. We will return.

• Visited February 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Steak not good, salmon ok, but bread was great.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were passing through on our way to Stowe, VT and we stayed at a local hotel close to the Longhorn. I went there with my kids, I ordered the steak and shrimp dinner, my daughter had the salmon on rice and my son gorged himself on their honey bread. Salads were good, crisp and fresh. The steak and shrimp were dry, overcooked and lacking flavor. My daugther enjoyed the Salmon, but commented that it was a bit overcooked.
Waitstaff was quick and friendly, atmosphere is good and the place was packed with families for dinner. The bar area was an older crowd and local, good size TV screens and you could hear music in the background. The only reason I gave this place such a poor score is becuase my sister and her family had dinner there later in the evening and she and her husband talked about the poor quality of the meats and shrimp.

• Visited December 2012