“No substitutions”

Rocco's
Ranked #28 of 202 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wouldn't allow us to sub mashed potatoes for pasta. And yes, there are mashed potatoes on the menu.
Food quality is fair.

1  Thank KyleSwannYaleOpera

Reviewed September 18, 2013

OK, the Chicken Piccata was fine. Not extraordinary, but no complaints. The service, however, was palpably sluggish. I admit I was in a hurry, but it took a while to get seated, although there was no line; the waitress had a trainee in tow, and it took a bit too long to get the check.

There wasn't anything to get excited about - nor did it put me off. Next time I'll read TripAdvisor before I go to a place I haven't tried before - had I done so, I would've ordered the clams, assuming Mrs. Wan would have allowed it.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm glad to have the opportunity to review Rocco's. I think I've reviewed them before, but here goes again. First of all, let me say that Rocco's has the best fried clams around. The sad part is that they usually seem to be out of them as was the case tonight. I told our wait person tonight that if they run out of them again when I come there, I'm going to throw a Molotov cocktail through their front window!

My wife had her usual baby rack ribs, and they were delicious. As a replacement for the missing fried clams, I had the Cioppino- it was fabulous, and I brought half of it home. The waitress was great, although she never gave us the rolls that others had. She made several inquiries "How're you guys doing?". While perhaps not the classiest of comments, her inquiries were sincere and appreciated.

1  Thank Beauregw
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Rocco's has new owners. They continue to amaze me. Fabulous fried clams! Nice bar with peanuts! Sandwiches are very good, with fresh salads.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We eat here two Fridays a month and usually get the specials. Our favorite local Italian restaurant.

1  Thank Seanart60