“Something different” 3 of 5 bubbles

Suso Latino Basket
Ranked #28 of 196 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manchester, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something different”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We tried a mushroom in garlic sauce kind of appetizer which was really good. The entrees were not that good. Peruvian fried rice was not good but the chicken pieces in it was tasty. We took coffee also and my friend really loved it. The desser some chocolate dipped cinnamon covered sticks were ok. There shd b a smaller size of the dish as three big sticks were too much of a dessert for two people also. All in all it was a dif experience.

• Visited October 2013

“Delicious authentic Peruvian.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Flavorful nice portions great service excellent food versatile menu. Centrally located. Great for family or groups byob. One chef always a great dinner

• Visited October 2013
New England
“Second Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Pernil - a roast pork leg - was absolutely superb, and ENORMOUS - at least two meals' worth of pork here. Mrs. Wan's Chaufa de Pollo was tasty enough, but not in the same league as the Pernil, which I rate as "world-class." I have to go back just to see if they can repeat on this one - although there are lots of intriguing dishes on this menu competing for my attention.

• Visited August 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“I guess I came during the wrong time of day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

After reading the reviews, I was excited to try Suso. I go there about 12:15pm....and only an older couple was seated. The place is small but considering the reputation you would think the lunch hour would bring on long lines and an energetic atmosphere. Neither was the case.

What I presume is the owner...he was also the waiter, cook, and bust boy. I asked is it always slow during lunch, and he advised lunch was always slow...."dinner is busy." RED FLAG.

I noticed the couple that was dining left nearly 75% of their meal on their plates. RED FLAG.

When I was brought a pitcher of water (w/ some floaters inside), and not asked what beverage I would like. RED FLAG.

Despite the red flags, I took a chance....based on the great reviews....and had the garlic chicken app, and the sausage Panini. I must say the food was below average at best, and not the top of the line I was hoping to try. Not a lot of flavors, and the onions and peppers in my sandwich were soggy/mushy. The sauce in my app was watery and oily :(

Perhaps it was the time of day....perhaps I was not as lucky. I won't return to this establishment....not really worth it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hebron, Connecticut
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been herena couplemof times and had a great meal both times. The Paella de la Casa was excellent. Chicken, sausage, mussels and clams were all cooked perfectly. This is a small place with a friendly staff. The owner is always willing to talk. The first time I went there were testing a new dessert, a yummy cake, and I got a free sample while I waited for my food. I recommend this place for anyone that likes Latino food.

Visited July 2013