“Excellent Latino food at bargain prices”
Review of Suso Latino Basket - CLOSED

Suso Latino Basket
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Excellent Latino food at bargain prices”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

A small restaurant in an out of the way location but worth the trip. Appetizers are great especially the mofongo as well as the pepper stuffed with risotto. For an entree a safe bet is the paella but go out of your comfort zone and try anything with chicken or pork. The pernil is a great pork dish. It is byob to boot.

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Pass”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have dined in and ordered take out from Suso 2x now. It is a 20 min walk, 5-7 minute car ride to this restaurant from my home, hence, it has been an obvious dining choice. Both times, I have ordered "lomo saltado" and have found their food quite bland. Even the "arroz chaufa" ordered has been tasteless.

This is a Spanish restaurant featuring cuisine from other countries. Primarily, I have ordered their Peruvian dishes, but I cannot continue to patronize them for their food is undesirable. And, both times I have eaten their selections, at least a half a year has lapsed between the meals, thus I know their poor preparation was not a one time occurrence.

hartford
“Great find, great food!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great find in a little strip of stores! The location is odd, but if you can get past the restaurant being flanked by a convenience store and a package store you will be glad you did....The food is wonderful and authentic...the mofongo is fabulous and feels like you are in Puerto Rico! My husband always gets pernil and enjoys it- it must be said that his mom is from puerto rico and she is an amazing cook so if it passes his test, its good! They will make the mofongo with chicken or beef instead if with shrimp as listed on the menu. We have been here five or six times and each time has been great! Bring your own wine or beer or wait to order and hop next door to the package store and choose something to go with what you just ordered....a great perk! The flan and the churros are amazing desserts, although my husband just got a chocolate mousse with Peruvian liqueur that is a new addition and it was to die for! Go to this place! You won't regret it!

Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Of all places...in Manchester, CT”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Who would have thought that you could find a piece of Spain in Manchester, CT. A few days ago, I visited Suso's on a recommendation of a first-time-meet friend. I love the taste of "mofongo" (moe-phone-go) and my new friend told me about Suso's. She told me that I just had to try their mofongo, and so I did. Now, I have another place to go when I'm in the mood for mofongo.

Hey, they have other great Spanish dishes from Spain and other Latino-American countries which I have every intention of trying...mmmm, can't wait. While they don't serve any alcoholic beverages, they do allow you to bring your personal favorites, and there just happens to be a liquor store immediately adjacent to Suso's so you don't have to go very far.

Simply decorated, but tasteful and clean, Suso's is a take-out/sit-in restaurant. While they have a fast-food element, there isn't anything "fast" about it. No, I don't mean they take forever to prepare the food. Jesus prepares each dish individually with the same amount of care and creative style that has become his personal signature.

An educated and an accomplished world-class chef, Jesus Suso will treat your taste buds with all the TLC he can muster. Jesus will visit your table to ensure that you are satisfied leaving you with the impression that you are dining with him in his own home.

Personally, I can't wait to go back there. It is a 20-mile ride for me and there are so many great places to eat that are closer in proximity, but I really don't mind. It is well worth the trip. When you go to visit him, tell him Lou, from WPKN sent you. I really like this place and I am looking forward to driving the 20 miles again and again...and again!

Lou ♫

PS> Suso's email is cocinandoconsuso@gmail.com

Manchester, CT
“A little of everything Latino”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A good variety of different Latino cuisines. Plenty of seafood on the menu. Large sized portions so you can take some home unless you are a big eater. BYOB which is great. Waitress answered all of our questions and we were never rushed. We went on a Sunday night and the restaurant was busy with most tables full and some people coming in for take out. Food is cooked to order so you should bring a nice bottle of Spanish red wine and some friends and relax. We will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012