“Very good service, and usually good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill - CLOSED

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Connecticut, USA
“Very good service, and usually good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have eaten at this location 3 times and find this to be the best Carrabba's of all of them. You are always welcome greeted and properly seated. All servers have been very knowledgeable, smiling, and helpful. The prices are fair, and we really like their appetizers and soups. As for main meals, it depends, the Trio-Selection is usually excellent, but sometime is ok (depending on selection). The stake is very good, salmon is ok. The bills have always been accurate. We will keep coming back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TheOneWhoLovesTravel

CROMWELL
“Food was OK-was expecting more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

First time at this restaurant. I went with a 1st time date so I didn't see the final total of the bill, but judging by the prices on the menu, it wasn't too, too expensive.
The service was EXCELLENT. Our server really knew the menu and the many types of sauces and what the ingredients were, etc.
The food servings were on the smaller size and it really was very spicy, in my mind. Friends had told me what wonderful food they have, but it really wasn't all that great. I guess I was expecting more out of this place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank folkie43
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Very Average For Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Two drafts, one glass of wine, three salads, two personal pizzas, one pasta dish, two coffees, one desert... Over $100, including tax and tip. If food was even above average, it would have been worth it. We were not impressed.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank EB0R
Cashiers, NC
“For a Carrabbas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Carrabbas Restaurants are among my favorite places to eat until I took my family out to the Manchester restaurant. I live in NC and travel extensively up and down the east coast and have never been disappointed with one of their locations. The experience started with being greeted or not greeted by a young man who did not know how to smile or greet people in the manner that one becomes accustomed to at other sites. Then we had a disaster being seated at a table that we did not like due to having the need of a high chair for my grandson. We preferred a booth more secluded. This was at 5pm on a Sunday night and Mr. No Smile Host said something about fire codes. My daughter and her husband live in the area and have eaten here many times with their children and never had a problem. We have been to several other places in the area and have never had a problem of putting a high chair at the end of a booth. My daughter told me the last time they ate at this restaurant they had a issue with the food. The meals we ordered were for the most part good except for mine. I ordered the Tagelorini Pic Pac and it was not up to the standard in other locations. It came out rather dry and lacking the flavor that one becomes used to. All in all my only bad experience with this chain and I believe it is all on this management team

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RaymondNCMA
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Not the Dish My Wife Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I have been to Carrabbas several times before our most recent visit. This time I ordered the lasagna and my wife ordered the chicken Marsala. The house salad that was included with the meal was very good. My lasagna was OK. It tasted fair to good, and was ample based on its price. My wife's chicken Marsala was a different story. The menu said that it was to include prosciutto. The chicken was grilled, not sautéed, and covered in a dark brown gravy with bits of mushrooms in it. I and my wife are used to a Marsala dish with sauce where the chicken is first sautéed, and then is cooked in the Marsala wine. This results in a white sauce, not brown. There was absolutely no prosciutto in this dish.

We informed our waiter who basically ignored our issue with the dish. We called him over a second time and once again got no where with him. About 15 minutes later he dropped by our table and told us that he informed the manager of the situation and was told to comp us with a desert. Nice of him to do this, but what's up with the chicken Marsala. We would have preferred an explanation, even though the desert was excellent. We will certainly think twice before returning to Carrabbas.

• Visited April 2013