As Wyndham Rewards members we used points for 2 of the 3 nites we stayed, but we'd probably stay here again when visiting my kids and grandson. The décor and 'different' style of the hotel was a big lure as I thought my grandson would really enjoy it and I was right! Refreshing change from the sometimes sterile, cookie cutter style of so many other hotels.
With Franklin the Turtle , the various fish tanks, game room and a very extensive , eclectic assortment of collectables throughout the hotel, it made for a very pleasant , relaxing stay. Staff overall ,( with one exception of a reception clerk who would not smile or make eye contact or say hello or anything!) were super friendly, informative, helpful and seemed to really enjoy working there. They even made popcorn and fresh cookies for our group lounging in the lobby!
There is coffee and tea available at all times. The fifties style breakfast room was especially enjoyable with the period style juke box with hundreds of selections ( cd style). The choices for breakfast were good, with hot and cold cereals, juices, fruits, bagels, muffins and make your own waffles, but I would like some protein ( eggs/ bacon) once in a while. The lobby area outside the breakfast room, where the turtle tank (and life sized Elvis Statue are) features comfortable couches for lounging and a library of assorted books . There are free newspapers in this area as well.
Each of the 3 floors each have a lobby area with really interesting items , ranging from antiques, autographs of musicians and sports stars and other sports memorabilia. The entire facility seems very safe , with notices of and evidence of cameras all about. Perhaps it is to help protect the vast and expensive collections of items within, but we felt very safe and secure all the same,
Yes, the TV was not a flat screen, but worked just fine and the room ( and bed) itself was roomy, clean and very comfortable. Nice touch to have the fridge, coffee maker and microwave.
This is NOT a super luxury, full service hotel, but they do have a room service menu via a third party for lunch and dinner ( that we didn't use) and we really had a most relaxing and enjoyable stay here. It's really close to the Buckhead Mall, easy drive to Hartford and the airport and just 2 or 3 minutes away from Elmo's Dockside for a really good dinner. Tell the owner Robert that Kevin and Nan say 'hi'. LOL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A clean, comfortable and safe hotel in Manchester CT, close to Downtown Hartford offering great rate and award winning service. For five (5) Years straight we have earned Tripadvisor's "Certificate of Excellence Award." We are honored that our staff has earned such great track record of -- "Hometown CT Hospitality" As such we employ and retain the friendliest and most knowledgeable individuals you will encounter while traveling. Our management company has designed and assisted in building this property from it's beginning as a dream. We opened our doors to guests in May 2002 and have enjoyed greeting and meeting new friends since then on a daily basis. In addition to providing excellent customer service, we also provide 80 clean and comfortable non-smoking guest rooms. For your use all of our guest rooms are equipped with; Irons and ironing boards Hair dryers In-room coffee machine Cable TV with HBO Wired Hi-Speed Internet connection Wireless Internet in common areas Alarm clock radios Electronic safe A refrigerator Microwave Whether traveling for business or pleasure, we have business suites and family suites that come equipped with all of the above and a second television for the additional room, DVD/VCR player, walk-in showers and our Jacuzzi bathtub. Some of these suites offer a dining area or pull-out sofa in the additional room to meet your needs. In addition to adding FREE wired Hi-speed internet access to all rooms we have also added wireless in all common areas of the hotel (all three lobbies, breakfast cafe). Our complimentary SuperStart Breakfast is also included with your overnight stay. For kids we have an arcade and a fitness center for adults, guest laundry, general store and business center that are all open 24 hours for your convenience. Four state of the art meeting/conference rooms have been designed to accommodate your various functions. These rooms have a capacity of approximately 100 guests per room. The rooms can be combined should you require additional space for larger events. We have also added an executive meeting room that is ideal for more intimate meetings. We can provide catering, decorating and activities should the need arise. Disc-Jockey, Karaoke, face painting, clown and magicians are some of the services we can offer for your entertaining.We will soon become your "home away from home" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Baymont Inn And Suites Manchester
- Super Eight Manchester
- Super 8 Manchester
- Manchester Super 8
- Manchester Super Eight