Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“perfect”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

will recommend this hotel, it's everything you expect and then some

Pluses: Beautiful and clean accommodations and surroundings. Kitchen and utensils. Desk space to work etc. Very quiet. Easy access to downtown Hartford, literally 15 minutes. Very light traffic. Excellent value for money.

Minuses: No pool, no gym.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank dbmitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here four nights. It is very basic. They do not make up your room. You go down to the lobby to trade in your used towels for clean ones. They do not have blow dryers which left me in a bad spot since i just assume all hotels have them so i never bother to pack one. There are snacks and coffee put out for breakfast. Complementary copies of the local afternoon newspaper are available in the lobby. The shower is lukewarm on some days and nice and hot on others. Nice little kitchenettes and the constant smell of ethnic cooking in the hallways. Great highway access. Clean and nicely decorated. Took three attempts for us to get a remote that worked. Usually only one person at the front desk which is difficult for both the employee and guests. I would call to see if this was a good time to bring my dirty towels to the desk, be told it was, then arrive with my arms full, only to be greeted by a sign saying "i'm assisting another guest. I'll be back in five minutes." Just too hard in my opinion for one person to handle everything. We were on the first floor and the guest above us paced all night long. We heard every creek.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Turner C
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stay here once a week, every Thursday, and it is truly a comforting feeling knowing that I have a place to lay my head after my long 13 hour work day. The rooms are very clean. The beds are nice and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and accommodating! This is truly my home away from home!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This Extended Stay is very similar to others, though it is not as new as some. While the exit ramp to get there is a little confusing, and though my stay was during an awful lot of snow, the staff there was very friendly, willing to help, and even set out snow shovels to dig the top of your car out if needed... it was also nice this place wasn't overbooked, as the snowplow could barely clear the front lot due to cars, but did its best.

Inside, updated decor, room very standard for ES, clean, neat and organized. Room had kitchen, which was stocked with plates, glasses, silverware, free coffee for the coffee pot, etc. Microwave, fridge and stove. Bathroom updated and nicely decorated, clean as well. Bedding clean, not new but serviceable, bed was comfortable.

Heat controls simple and efficient, heater was quiet. Flat screen TV... closet was in an odd spot, but I think that was because of the room I received, and the general shape of it, but nothing difficult, just not where you expect it. In room iron and ironing board, separate desk area with free wifi which worked well.

All in all, a good stay well within the standards you expect from Extended stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed for just 2 nights but could easily have stayed longer. Clean (and I checked every corner very carefully!), no odors, complete kitchen for 2 people, easy parking, pretty surroundings with trees and green areas, secure, and very polite and professional staff. Located for easy access to I-84 and restaurants -- we will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My stay was very good and pleasant. It was my temporary house till the time me and my husband shift to our new apartment. Front desk Staff was very supportive and friendly. Weekly housing keeping service was also very good. Good accommodation with good price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My Company had booked this hotel for my stay and I found it really good with clean rooms and maintenance service attended to on time. Staff (Esp. Selene Garand and Aneka) who I got to interact or reach out to most were the most friendly and cordial members members of the staff extending to others in the team.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business