“Well kept Freshly Painted Generous room size with mini Kitchen Full Size Refrigerator & Dogs are Welcome, Even a fenced in (good”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling back from Maine with boxes a fresh wild blueberries and wanted to refrigerate them on the trip home. The have a full size refrigerator with a freezer on top, sink with filtered water, microwave, coffee maker, cooktop, &
toaster. It has two small desks for your computers. Iron and ironing board. The cleanest wide stairwells anywhere. THIS is a true find.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you were able to utilize the full size refrigerator and other kitchen amenities. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The room we had on the first floor, was nice and roomy. It had all the amenities you would need. The only problem is our room was diagonally across from the front lobby / desk area and during the night when all is quite you can hear the conversations at the front desk when people are checking in and or asking the front desk employees questions :-(

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the space and amenities in the room you were offered. However, I apologize that the noise level coming from the lobby was unsatisfactory. We strive to make every guest feel like they are at a "home away from home" while they are with us. I'd love another chance to provide you with that kind of experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great staff, clean room. Properly working wifi, quiet and after hour secure building. Always staff there around the clock to meet your needs. Grab n go breakfast is a nice touch, when on the go.. It was a great experience staying there will definitely recommend to others to stay there as well.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the complementary grab-and-go breakfast, the free WiFi we offer to all of our guests and our updated rooms!

We truly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again next time you're traveling to the area.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

There's even a fenced area for them in the back of the hotel. Stayed for just one night. Room was clean and updated. Keep in mind that the hotel is not smoke free. Our room was non-smoking but the hallway's smell is a reminder that the hotel is not. Not certain if we'd be able to tolerate that for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the use of the fenced-in pet area behind the hotel. As well, while we do have some smoking rooms to accommodate our guests who smoke, we are cognizant of the fact that many of our guests are non-smokers. With that in mind, we always try to accommodate each reservation for their specific smoking preference.

If you're traveling through the area again and will be needing hotel accommodations, please call me. I will be happy to provide you with another reservation in the future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location for a family function and a good location right off I-84 in Manchester Ct. The front desk staff were very helpful and checked us in quickly. A thing to note about rates though, with Extended Stay, the number of people in the room matters for the rate you will be charged. For example I was able to see on my smartphone I could get a room for 89.99 but when I asked the rate to be changed to the lower rate they told me it was because of the number of people in the room (3) not 1. Though the room had 2 beds?? Not all hotels work this way.
The room was clean and recently refurbished, as was the entire hotel. They offer FREE basic WiFi and offer a faster WiFi for a fee. I used the basic WiFi and had no problems doing web surfing email things. Not sure if this would be good for streaming though. Although most people stay here for extended stays we only stayed one night. The room had a microwave, fridge, 2 burner stove and sink. Some basic items like forks and knives were provided. An iron and ironing board were also in the room. Missing though is a hair dryer of any kind. They tout a huge workspace area. This was a small table and two desk chairs. I would not call this huge and have seen larger in other places. There were ample outlets for charging electronics around the night stand and on the island in the kitchen area.
The windows open and close for fresh air and the AC worked well. We were there during a hot spell and used the AC. It was loud and cycled on and off all night. Our room also had a very strong smell of curry in the kitchen.
The hotel has no outdoor sitting area whatsoever. No chairs, chaises - NOTHING. For an extended stay place this is VERY out of the ordinary. Also no pool or fitness area. No Wednesday night meet your fellow travelers nights with light grub that you encounter at other extended stay places.
Includes a "grab and go" breakfast. Do not expect much of this. Coffee, oatmeal (hot water), breakfast bars... stuff like that. No juice. No yogurt. This must be a new category below "continental".
There are other things in the area to find food. A large area of shops within walking distance. (a Dunkin Donut & Panera Bread for example). You would need to be extra careful up on the road because the shops are located just after the on/off ramp to I-84.
For those of you that like to travel with dogs, you can do that here.
Would I stay here again. Yes. It was a good value, they staff was nice and the place was clean. If I needed to stay for an extended stay... I'd think about it. Do you want a pool or place to keep fit while on extended travel? Do you want an outside sitting area?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for giving such a detailed review of your stay at our hotel. I'm happy that our location was convenient for you, close to the family function which brought you to town. As well, that you were able to enjoy our recent renovation, including an upgrade to offer free wireless internet. Still, I apologize there was not a hairdryer in your room. While we do not offer these in guest rooms, we do have several at the front desk available upon request. In addition, I do apologize that the room had a slight odor and the grab-and-go coffee bar breakfast was not properly described to you. I will work with my staff to help avoid these situations in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that the next time you're in the area, you'll choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Check in was quick and the woman at the front desk was very pleasant. We needed a roll away bed and it was delivered quickly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There's a nice dog walking area behind the building. There were 2 areas that could use tweaking - the roll away bed must have been used in a smoking room because we could detect the smell of cigarettes and we could hear noise from the room above. Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Nancy - Thank you for your review! I'm glad that you had a good time during your stay with us and were able to enjoy the dog walking area. I apologize that the roll-away bed had a slight smoke odor; we can certainly switch that out in the future, if you encounter it again.

I hope that if you visit the area in the future, you'll let us be your "home away from home" again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The rooms were good even of we found a wishbone hanging on the kitchen cabnet door. We did have to get some more dishes and silverware as there were only 3 plates 2 Bowles , cups and mugs. We just got a thing of cups and Bowles at the dollar store and the kids took them home to use.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed the room provided. I do apologize that you found a wishbone in your cabinet and for the lack of utensils in your kitchen. Please know, if you ever need any additional amenities, we'd be more than happy to deliver them to your room.

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and let us know how your stay was, so we can continue to improve the service we provide.