“Much improved compared to one year ago !”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Much improved compared to one year ago !”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were very disappointed with the facility last year, but since then they have spruced up the rooms, replaced the worn out furniture etc., improved housekeeping, and added a Grab to Go breakfast bar. The staff also seem to have been given some 'customer service' education, or they have just hired some really nice, helpful people. Lots of families use this facility, and there also may be pets, so if this annoys you, it may not be the right place for you. The location is very convenient to a major chain grocery (less than one mile), a large mall and lots of restaurants. If you want a little exercise, there is a nice park within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hi Sandra,

Thank you very much for filling out a review of your stay! I am so glad you enjoyed your time here and all of the upgrades of the recent renovation. We strive to create a memorable and "home away from home" experience for all of our guests by making sure you are comfortable and feel welcome as soon as you walk through the door! I'm happy to hear that the service you received and the staff you encountered were friendly and helpful during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This review is broken up in 2 parts: First, a general review that ignores what I consider a one-off incident. Second, a description of what went wrong when I first got to the hotel:

This hotel has been renovated inside and out recently (2012). It now has a nice modern look for furniture, beddings, and decorations in the rooms, entrance, and hallway. Beds are comfortable, pillows are nice and mattresses are firm. Outside areas are nicely landscaped. Our room was on the first floor, so bathroom was large for accessibility purposes. Windows seal the outside noise quite well (it's next to a very busy road). Construction is not that sturdy, however. The guests on the room above us were very active until 11ish, so the footsteps and creaking sounds of the ceiling were very annoying.

Now, the one-off incident: The initial pet-friendly room I requested REAKED of pee. Imagine a warm sunny day, sunlight coming in through the windows and the room being closed for days. It was awful. The room had gone through housekeeping because beds were made and bathroom was freshened up. I brought front-desk person to check it out and she clearly wasn't well-trained. Her solution was insulting: to use a air freshener and spray down the entire room and leave the windows open for while. Of course that didn't work, so I spoke with someone else at the front desk who was very apologetic and instantly moved me to another room. Why on earth housekeeping let that go unnoticed and why the first front-desk person offered that solution is beyond me. Besides this hopefully one-off incident, my stay was very nice and I would stay here again for this price point and new facility.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are a lot quieter due to a busy road on the front
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We always appreciate feedback so we can continue to improve, as well as celebrate our successes. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the updates that our recent renovation provided! I apologize that the initial room you were in was not as fresh as it should have been and that you were not moved to another room immediately. Still, I am glad that you were able to enjoy all of the updates in the second room.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will allow us to be your "home away from home" the next time you're in the area!
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2013

In my reservation I requested a quiet room, my room was on the parking lot. The room I reserved was not available so they gave me another room but charged me a higher rate-I had a copy of my reservation and mgr changed the rate for me. After traveling for 12 hours we wanted nothing but a quick nap and showers before meeting old friends for dinner. The front desk called and woke us up asking if our room was ok- we had barely looked at it. After showering I could not find a hair dryer in our room and called the front desk for one only to be told there were not any available. I spoke with the mgr and she said there were none available. I explained to her that I was from a warm climate, that I was meeting old friends for dinner and I needed to dry my hair. She said she could not help me. When I asked her for a $20 credit on my bill to cover the cost of the blow dryer I was going to have to go buy at the nearby Walgreens, she said let me call you back. In less than 5 minutes there was a hair dryer at my door. Staying at any hotel should not require so much work. And, for a newly renovated hotel. the bathroom certainly should have been cleaner.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize we did not meet your expectations. It was unfortunate that we did not have a hairdryer available upon your initial request, but I'm glad we were able to locate one for you in such a short amount of time. As well, since we take your feedback very seriously, I'm happy to report that we purchased some more hairdryers for the hotel.

Again, thank you for your comments; I will take them and use them to help coach my team to provide better service.

Travelers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The amount of space was excellent . The room was clean and fairly comfortable. This is bare bones, no ambience, no frills , no luxuries . We don't know if we would stay here again ,unfortunately we had people above us that were active all night walking around overhead making it difficult for us to sleep. I guess if we did stay again I would request a top floor room. Again this is NO FRILLS lodging but not tough on the wallet either

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Chris - Thank you for your review, letting us know how your stay was. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our hotel's spacious guest rooms, it's great location and the affordable price. Still, I apologize that you were disturbed by noises coming from the floor above you, making it difficult for you to sleep.

I hope that next time you're in the area you will give us the opportunity to be your "home away from home" once more. Again, thank you for your comments!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have been at the ESA in Manchester for about 5 weeks. We have had nothing but Great service. The staff is excellent. Always friendly, kind and very helpful. Sarah and her team are the best. We will be leaving for Utah next. Thanks to Sarah's help we will be staying at another ESA in Salt Lake City, UT. Sugar House. Our next stay is for minimum of 2 months.
Thank You to Sarah and her entire staff for making it so comfortable for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Len - Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt "at home," while here with us in Connecticut. I sincerely hope you'll stay with us again, if work brings you back out this way.

Have a great time in Utah - The location of the Sugarhouse ESA is fabulous! I am confident you will enjoy your time there, as well.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting UConn in Storrs, CT. The room was very comfortable and clean. Check in process seemed longer than other hotels but front desk was very friendly. The Grab & Go breakfast was adequate...wish they could expand it a bit to something more substantial. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We always appreciate getting feedback from our guests. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay while here in Connecticut. I do apologize that the check-in process was longer than anticipated; I will coach my staff to be more efficient in the future.

Again, thank you for letting me know how your stay was, and I look forward to hosting you again next time you visit UConn!
Weil im Schönbuch, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently stayed with my family at the ESA in Manchester and it was a great! The Staff team supported us and made sure we had everything we needed. The room was great and had an exceptional kitchen with all the required tools. Thanks so much ESA. V/r BOB

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay! We love to hear from our guests and it's always nice to know that we could be your "home away from home" while you were traveling. I hope you will stay with us again if you're in the area! Again, thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I sincerely appreciate it.