Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The amount of space was excellent . The room was clean and fairly comfortable. This is bare bones, no ambience, no frills , no luxuries . We don't know if we would stay here again ,unfortunately we had people above us that were active all night walking around overhead making it difficult for us to sleep. I guess if we did stay again I would request a top floor room. Again this is NO FRILLS lodging but not tough on the wallet either

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Chris - Thank you for your review, letting us know how your stay was. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our hotel's spacious guest rooms, it's great location and the affordable price. Still, I apologize that you were disturbed by noises coming from the floor above you, making it difficult for you to sleep.

I hope that next time you're in the area you will give us the opportunity to be your "home away from home" once more. Again, thank you for your comments!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have been at the ESA in Manchester for about 5 weeks. We have had nothing but Great service. The staff is excellent. Always friendly, kind and very helpful. Sarah and her team are the best. We will be leaving for Utah next. Thanks to Sarah's help we will be staying at another ESA in Salt Lake City, UT. Sugar House. Our next stay is for minimum of 2 months.
Thank You to Sarah and her entire staff for making it so comfortable for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Len - Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt "at home," while here with us in Connecticut. I sincerely hope you'll stay with us again, if work brings you back out this way.

Have a great time in Utah - The location of the Sugarhouse ESA is fabulous! I am confident you will enjoy your time there, as well.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting UConn in Storrs, CT. The room was very comfortable and clean. Check in process seemed longer than other hotels but front desk was very friendly. The Grab & Go breakfast was adequate...wish they could expand it a bit to something more substantial. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We always appreciate getting feedback from our guests. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay while here in Connecticut. I do apologize that the check-in process was longer than anticipated; I will coach my staff to be more efficient in the future.

Again, thank you for letting me know how your stay was, and I look forward to hosting you again next time you visit UConn!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently stayed with my family at the ESA in Manchester and it was a great! The Staff team supported us and made sure we had everything we needed. The room was great and had an exceptional kitchen with all the required tools. Thanks so much ESA. V/r BOB

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay! We love to hear from our guests and it's always nice to know that we could be your "home away from home" while you were traveling. I hope you will stay with us again if you're in the area! Again, thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I sincerely appreciate it.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is a very convenient hotel. I like its full size kitchen a lot. It even has cooking pans. Bed is also very comfortable. Nice tables and chairs as well.

I have stayed at the hotel for many times. I will definitely come back if I travel on my own again. If travel with my family, I think I can save a lot by cooking my own meals.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so glad to hear that your stay was good and that you were able to enjoy the use of the kitchen in your room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Overnight stay in March based purely on location and cost. Location is very convenient to I-84 , just east of Hartford. Check-in was easy, made my reservation on Priceline and front desk double-checked that I wanted smoking, which I didn't, so they fixed that. The room was clean and fairly recently renovated/built: efficiency kitchen with full size frig, microwave, 2-burner stove, sink with water filter, toaster, coffeemaker, dinet table withone chair, desk with one chair (so you could combine the chairs for two people to eat), 32" flat screen TV, recliner, individual heating/cooling unit that worked well, closet (with curtain, no door). I could see how this unit would be very convenient for an extended stay or a family (if it were a room with two beds). Hotel has a coin laundry, vending machines (with toiletries, conveniencies) and includes a small to-go breakfast in the lobby (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal, prepackaged muffins, fruit)

I had room 110, which with rooms 108, 112 and 114 are near the hotel entrance. Surprisingly, I did not have any problems with noise being so close to the entrance.

Unfortunately, they booked a large group of high school girls in the rooms around me. I had to call the front desk at 11pm to complain about the noise in the rooms and hallway. The staff addressed it.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not located near a group. Even numbered rooms seem to be facing the entrance/parki...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay and of the room amenities. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was good and that our staff was able to address the noise issue. I do apologize about that, but I am happy it got resolved. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

While check in was fine, the room was not great. The minute we walked into the room, there was a smoky stench that was very apparent. Although, I believe that my room was a non-smoking room, it was on the same floor as smoking rooms. I am not sure how close the smoking rooms were, but my room was definitely smoky smelling. The carpet was not vacuumed cleanly, there were still fuzz balls around the room. The nightstand drawer still had someone else's list of some sort in it. The informational brochure had writing in it. One of the glasses in the kitchenette cabinet had dried on pulp inside the cup. I would hesitate staying here again, even though the location was good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not comfortable and that your room was not in top-shape. I will certainly take the time to address the housekeeping issues with my staff to prevent this going forward. Thank you again for your response. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.