“Good for a quick night stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Manchester
Midland Park, New Jersey
“Good for a quick night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Exactly what you'd expect from a Fairfield Inn. No frills. But the rooms are clean, the staff nice and the location easy to get to.

We arrived around 10pm and the desk staff was nice, but it took 2 trips down to the front desk before we had keys that actually worked.. And we had reserved a king bed, but were given 2 queens.

They did have a free breakfast, which we passed on, but they had pastries, bagels, eggs, sausages and make your own waffles.

At the end of the day this trip was just about finding a comfortable place to sleep for a bit and this hotel worked nicely for that at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jewel1356
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear JulieS06902,
Thank you for your comments of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Manchester. I'm glad that you found your room clean and the staff friendly. Please accept my apologies for any problems you had with your room keys. I will address this with my front desk staff right away. If you are ever back in the area, I hope you can give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Chellen C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late and found our desk clerk sherri happy and accomodating. She told us all the hotel had to offer and even responded to our extra needs. Very much a people person. After midnight my husband had to go to the desk and the young man working was just as friendly. The nights sleep was peaceful the room very clean and the hotel itself was cared for. Breakfast was great and the kids made their own waffles. Variety of choices was nice. It was a pleasant surprise that there was an indoor pool. The best part about our stay was the hotel and the fact both desk clerks had real conversations with us. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank travelmom1224
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

the location is fantastic right across from a mall with tons of restaurants. hotel is very clean. actually for a small exercise room I was surprised that they had 2 treadmills, a recumbent bike, and an elliptical, as well as some free weights.. a lot better than some courtyards that ive stayed at.

they have an indoor pool and hot tub and I really appreciated that the area was for adults only between 8 and 9 pm.

front desk people were very customer service oriented. they don't have frigs or microwaves if that is an issue for you. breakfast was reasonable with healthy and not healthy stuff.

only pet peeve was there were no ear plugs for the tvs on the cardio equipment.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank l1jjc0x
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights - on checking in there was a note in the room about the 6 monthly clean of the carpets which was happening that weekend. The note stated that the carpets would take about 4 hours to dry. This was not true. We got back to the room mid afternoon and the carpet was very damp - after getting back from supper (at least 7 hours after cleaning - probably much more) it was still damp. Sleeping in a damp room was not at all nice - and in the morning the inside of the window was running with water.
I appreciate that the hotel is trying to keep things clean but they need to think of a way of doing it without making guest sleep in damp rooms.
Apart from that the hotel was as we expected (similar to others stayed in on this trip) - large comfortable beds in a decent size room. Breakfast was good but the plastic cutlery was awful - worst to date as it was thin and very flexible.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Onlynamefree
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Manchester, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Onlynamefree,
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm so sorry to hear you had a less than desirable experience at my hotel. We do our best to make sure the cleaning of our carpets does not interfere with our guests' stay. I'm terribly sorry that it did. We will work extra hard going forth to minimize any impact that this has on our guests. Please allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in Manchester.

Chellen C.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I accidently made a reservation here. I meant to stay at the airport one. When I pulled into the hotel, I was very surprised. The outside was nice, clean and decorated for Fall. When I walked into the lobby the first thing I noticed was how clean it was. I enjoyed the fire place and the Fall decorations inside as well. The front desk clerk was very friendly and professional. As a Marriott Rewards member, I appreciate being acknowledged and was even given a little goodie bag at the desk! They even have a Marriott Reward Members welcome board at the desk. The room was clean and the beds are amazing. I’ve never slept so well. They include breakfast free of charge, something I usually don’t take part in and I am glad I did. I enjoyed the range of items they offered and was very surprised too. I will be returning to this location whenever possible.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor facing Hartford. It was very pretty.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Webster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Would definately stay here again,very comfortable clean and modern and reasonably prices hotel. Really enjoyed the clean and organized appearance of the lobby. Well managed facility.
Free WIFI and good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dockjr
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've stayed here any number of times over the years. It is a clean, comfortable, well managed facility. The rooms are very clean, the heating and cooling systems work well and they are more than generous with towels and the other useful amenities.

What this is NOT is luxurious. That aid, if you are traveling on business this is as good if not better than most places in the area. Free wi-fi, pool, you get the idea.

Nice breakfast. Skip the sausage as it is taste free. Have a waffle instead.

I'll stay there again. It is just what I need when traveling for a night or two.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway are noisier...but ones facing the parking lot on the 3rd floor are over ill...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business